Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,928 users have contributed to 42,264 threads and 254,951 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 7 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• Hi-

i'm havong the same problem...but i seem to have no vsldirs1.ini files...any other suggestions?

Vista 64bit

Intel Quad-core

8G

• Hi n.ten

Those Files are produced by the "VSL Library Manager".

So if you don't have such an ini-file try to use the Library Manger once more.

Here is also Video how to do it: http://vsl.co.at/videoplayer_mp4.asp?ID=186

Maybe that helps

Good luck.

Beat Kaufmann

- Tips & Tricks while using Samples of VSL.. see at: https://www.beat-kaufmann.com/vitutorials/ - Tutorial "Mixing an Orchestra": https://www.beat-kaufmann.com/mixing-an-orchestra/
  • Thanks for getting back BUT - followed the steps as in the video - no results...uninstalled VSLthen  re-installed from a clean download...still no results...

• If you have run any version of directory manager, you will have a vsldirs.ini file. Perhaps you have these files hidden in explorer?

You can also try searching through the registry (Start>Run>Regedit) for any occurrence of "vsldirs1". Delete all registry entries with this name. Then restart directory manager and assign your content. When you have done this, reboot (or kill the vsldaemon process), then start your VSL product again.

• Hi-

I found a vsldirs1 file in regedit and deleted it. I Then ran Directory Manager/restarted etc. Still no results....any other ideas? ALSO I'm considering installing Windows 7 in the hopes that that will be better. If I do, should I install from my old XP VSL discs or just download the newer versions?

Thanks,

• Regarding Windows 7, you should definitely NOT install the old versions of VI, as apparently the way those .ini files are stored is incompatible with Vista/Windows 7, and is what's causing all these issues.  Just download and install the latest VI software, and then use the library installer installed on your hard drive to install the libraries from the DVDs, and then apply any library patches after that.  That's worked well for me.

• Hi-

I re-formatted-clean installed Windows 7- then downloaded VI and re-installed the Library using Library Installer...set up Directory Manager

and IT STILL DOESN'T SEE the library. I found a vsldir file in regedit- it is set to no value...HELP!

• last edited
    last edited

@n.ten_27860 said:

Hi-

I re-formatted-clean installed Windows 7- then downloaded VI and re-installed the Library using Library Installer...set up Directory Manager

and IT STILL DOESN'T SEE the library. I found a vsldir file in regedit- it is set to no value...HELP!

I'm really wondering what could be wrong here. Perhaps I can do a remote session to your computer and have a look? Please contact me at m.saleteg@vsl.co.at to pick a time.

Thanks,

• I just moved from XP to Windows 7 64bit with a Quad Core 8Gigs RAM, specifically to be able to use multiple instances of Vienna Instruments on Sonar 8.5 (along with the rather monstrous usage eater, Kontakt 3).  I had the exact same problem:  libraries recognized, nothing being seen by the SW.  I wrote to VSL tech support and got nice notes back saying try this and this and this.  I wasn't about to reinstall 7 at this point. I uninstalled and reinstalled the updated VI software, reram Directory Manager, etc., but nothing.  But then I got this note from VSL's Paul Steinbauer:

Hi Bob,
    >
    >then please restart your computer, then do a search for "vsldirs1.ini" and delete all these files, please.
    >
    >This should make it work.
    >
    >Best regards,
    >
    >Paul Steinbauer

That worked. I did a full search for vsldirs1.ini. There were three (!!!) in various places. I deleted them all, reran the Directory Manager, and lo and behold there were my presets, matrices, etc. etc. I was starting to be afraid that I was never going to get VI to work again. Which would have pretty much p'd me off. But I'm a fan again...

Bob W

• I am having similar issue but it is exclusively on the Mac platform. I manage a college lab and have put our Vienna Symphonic cube on a moderate Mac running 10.5.6. The elicense app says all is good and displays the complete authorization for the package. Software and samples were all installed as the lab admins. The Stand alone player will only show the library when it is run from this lab admin user account.

If I log in as a student there is no library. While still logged in as student I run directory manager for VSL and the library is displayed yet still not in the stand alone player.

perplexed ... any Ideas?