Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,292 users have contributed to 42,289 threads and 255,038 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 13 new post(s) and 51 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

I´ll change my socks then.
    Good plan - please let us know whether the 'sock upgrade' is compatible with the latest VI software.

• last edited
    last edited

@timkiel said:

1. The MC Control - even with the latest s/w which allows you to programme those "soft keys" isn't really designed to send MIDI data, which of course VE and VI respond to - it might be possible to do something with macros, but I've not bothered to try and find out (I'm using Logic 8 btw).
    Thanks, Tim. What about using MC Control´s Faders for controlling velocity x-fade and expression on VI? I´d love to have motorized faders for that.

• I'm using a Lemur (Jazzmutant) touch screen interface to control VSL. I'm using a 9x9 grid, 4 faders, and some switches for Vel Xfade etc. It's working great for me. dadunn

• last edited
    last edited

@ddunn said:

I'm using a Lemur (Jazzmutant) touch screen interface to control VSL. I'm using a 9x9 grid, 4 faders, and some switches for Vel Xfade etc. It's working great for me. dadunn
    I´ve been thinking about this one too - fashionable little gadget. How does it work - can you build your own graphics on it, e.g. rebuild the vi interface or say parts of it? And maybe I´m conservative, but how is the feel of the "faders"?

• Yes, you can build your own layout from scratch. The faders take a little getting used to, but work out fine for me. The main advantage of the whole thing is having to press only one switch, and not a combination of switches to call up any articulation. Also, having the articulations labeled is fantastic. I build a layout for each family of VSL libraries that I have. Although I don't play parts in "live", I really like to be able to audition a phrase and quickly experiment. The Lemur support people helped me get the programming of scripts going, which would have been a long and arduous on my own. For anyone interested, I'd be willing to share what I have so far. ddunn

• Sounds terrific... That´s exactly what I would love, being able to pick articulations in one step. Thanks for your offer to share your work. You don´t happen to have a "screenshot" or alike from your setup? :)

• Download the Jazz Editor from the JazzMutant site. Then in a couple of days (when I get back to my studio) I'll send you a link to download a sample interface for VSL. I actually did most of the programming before I bought the Lemur to make sure it would work. Another great thing about the Lemur is being able to set up custom interfaces for all your Virtual instruments. The support from JazzMutant has been exceptional for me, saving me countless hours in programming. ddunn

• I think JazzMutant is going to be the best option for you - after much tinkering about the MC Control is actually pretty weak on MIDI control - it's fine for audio but doesn't let you use the faders to set anything other than volume. The Control doesn't even seem to have a flip function as the MC Mix does - which is a shame too. Still the rotary encoders are pretty good

Cheers

Tim

• Is anyone here using M-AUDIO Keystation Pro 88 with Logic and/or to control VE/VI? Best wishes, Errikos.

• Hi everyone, i´ve just got a Euphonixs MC Control and i want to share some information about the control of Vienna Instruments and Logic I work with Logic 8 and for this the MC Control works perfect. Just install the EuCon - connect - start Logic - BINGO! So, know i came to the point were one of the faders should control the XFades and so on of the Vienna Instruments under Vienna E. Pro.. So what i didi is: - Open System Preferences - Open the Euphonixs Programm - Just choose the programm Vienna E. Pro from your applications - Choose Mackie Control (Which works via Midi) Close it. So know when you work in the Vienna E.Pro - the MC Control switches to the Mackie Control Midi based control mode. This means the Faders send Midi Data. Know you can choose the Fader you like and Move the Mc Control Fader to programm it... One more thing is that you can switch very fast beetween the Applications with the knob on the MC Control ... Issue: - The Buttons on the Touch screen still can not be programmed to send keyswitches - The Fader of the MC Control are touch sensitiv - which means when you touch them they send "note on C6" - you have to erase this after recording your curve - For recording you have to choose Logic - start recording - and switch back to VEP - to send the midi data - The faders don´t move to the recorded curve - even when the fader moves in the VI Interface. If someone have more informations about the issues and how to maybe erase them - just let me know!

•  Sounds good, are you enjoying the Control?