Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,214 users have contributed to 42,284 threads and 255,018 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 21 new post(s) and 56 new user(s).

• Hi Epic Orchestra users out there!

What can you tell us regarding sound / playability / usability?

Best,

Justus

• Hi Michael

You could check out the demos at           

http://vsl.co.at/en/211/497/1685/1729/1734/1348.htm

Colin

• Thanks, Colin!

I know the demos but wanted to know what you users who own "Epic Orchestra" think about it.

Justus

• hi, is it possible to get the demo file of epic orchestra with the channelstrips without buying the epic orchestra? currently i'm tyring the demo licenses of vienna ensemble pro and vienna suite. but it isn't possible to get a demo of epic orchestra. but i think that you can use the epic orchestra channelstrips without the epic library, can't you? i hope you understand what i mean :). well, i want to load the epic orchestra channelstrips. then i want to load the instruments of the VSLse, instead of the instruments of epic orchestra. i first would like to see the configurations of the channel strip, before i decide to buy the epic orchestra. i hope that somebody can help me...

• last edited
    last edited
    I like the EPIC, provides me good sounding instruments, but then again, I don't have much of an orchestra in VSL (only a hobo). Gerard

@michael_12374 said:

Thanks, Colin!

I know the demos but wanted to know what you users who own "Epic Orchestra" think about it.

Justus

• don't know if somebody discovered my post about downloading the channelstrips. i would be very glad for an answer...

• last edited
    last edited

@Radagast said:

don't know if somebody discovered my post about downloading the channelstrips. i would be very glad for an answer...

Hi Radagast,

I'm sorry, the channel strips will be only available with the Epic Orchestra product.

best

Herb

• thanks for the answer. but what datatype are the channelstrips? is it a VEpro project-file? isn't there any way to get this? perhaps somebody can send it per mail? or is that illegal...? i thought the channelstrips are independent of the library...

• Hi, I'm new to VSL instruments and wondering if 2 x Round Robin is the Standard for most short patches. Purchased Epic Orchestra w/ VE Pro but haven't used it yet because I'm still waiting for my syncrosoft key to arrive.

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Radagast,

the channel strips are part of the VE PRO project file.

You can get very far if you use the many presets of the Vienna Suite to make your own channelstrips for your collections. Check out the free demo of Vienna Suite, and of course the Videos.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

HI TripsD, and welcome [:)]

@TripsD said:

I'm new to VSL instruments and wondering if 2 x Round Robin is the Standard for most short patches.

Yes, all staccatos give you 2 alternations, the Timpani Single HIts even give you 4 alternations with the Epic Orchestra.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • ... and of course then there would be the dedicated Repetition Performances, too. They come with the full package instruments, though.

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library