Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,968 users have contributed to 42,270 threads and 254,964 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 46 new user(s).

• Thanks for all your replies. I will look into the other thread and try to apply what is suggested in there.

However there remain 2 problems:

1) How do I start the VE Pro server MINIMIZED TO THE SYSTEM TRAY from the command line?

2) How do I disable that annoying pop-up balloon? I don't know how retarded VSL thinks their average user is... but after clicking away that balloon away more than 20 times, most users would have remembered that the application is still running in the system tray. Please give us an option to disable it. Thanks! :-)

• 1. You cannot.

2. It is not possible to disable the wonderful balloon.

However, based on your suggestions - I have just made it possible to start it minimized by calling it with "-server -minimized" from commandline. I also made it so that the balloon only shows the first time you ever minimize the server. This will come in the next update (which should be very soon).

Thanks,

• Dear Martin!

Thank you SO MUCH! You are awesome. As in: the pinnacle of awesomeness! I will purchase another library within the next few days when I return from work, so I can say "thank you" in a way that will really support you.

• I don't know about the pinnacle of awesomeness, but thanks for the kind words [:D]

• Hi again!

Well, so I downloaded the newest version. The balloon is now behaving as you promised, which is great!

However when adding the "-server -minimized" switch to the command line, I get an error message saying "Error - The project file is invalid or inaccessible" and the regular VE Pro starts INSTEAD of the server.

I am puzzled... Any idea what could cause this?

• Currently it expects the -minimized argument to come after the -server argument. Sorry about that, will make it independent of position in the next version.

• Hello!

Thank you for taking time on a Saturday night to answer my question!!

The weird thing is: After a few reboots, the behavior changed. Now it starts the server correctely, no balloon appears. The server window starts minimized in the task bar, which is a great. But would it be possible to add another switch to load only the system tray icon (no window in the task bar at all)?.

So far your additions helped me a lot. Now if that system tray thing would also be made possible, I would be in heaven....[:D]

• So what is now the format of the command line that one should implement in order to get a default metaframe loaded at startup (and the server window minimized)? Can we specify now which server to start (i.e. 32bit versus 64bit)?

Thanks

• An answer would be nice! Come on guys, I know you're not out there just for [D] and [ip]...

[;)]

• last edited
    last edited

The 64-bit and 32-bit versions are actually different executables (Vienna Ensemble Pro.exe; Vienna Ensemble Pro x64.exe). Currently you need to use the following format to start a project in minimized server mode:

servername.exe project.mframe -server -minimized

With the next update any command passed to the EXE will be position independent.

@musicpete said:

An answer would be nice! Come on guys, I know you're not out there just for and ...

I'm actually writing this from a little mountain village in Thailand (holiday), so you were not totally wrong about that [H] I'll be back in Vienna next month again.