Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,193 users have contributed to 42,282 threads and 255,007 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 21 new post(s) and 64 new user(s).

• It's weird, I can't download VE Pro.

It says "You have not registered a Vienna Instruments Product".

I hope this is an error! I can understand that VE3 is only available for VI users but VE Pro is made for third-party-platforms and doesn't require a Vienna Instruments license?!

• Hi Michael,

we will look into this, should work soon.Thanks for the thumbs up, everybody [<:o)]

New videos will be online as well, very soon.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Thanks, Paul!

Kein Problem, das wird sich schon irgendwie lösen.

Freue mich auf die Videos!

Kindly,

Justus

•  sorry - we forgot to enable it, please revisit ... christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • Do I need one usb dongle for each computer I want to use with VE Pro? Tx

• This is simply amazing - and very welcome at the right time. I was looking for alternatives to a resource limitation problem when I saw the forum traffic about the release. :)

One quick question though:

In Logic 8/9, using a multi-instrument as outlined in the manual works great, except that the volume automation affects all channels in the multi-instrument. Has anyone ever found a workaround for that? If seen some rather crazy ways of dealing with Logic's shortcoming using the environment. Is that the only way dealing with the issue?

Thanks,

JB

• You may use the audiounit parameter automation. Have a look in the Logic manual on how it works. VE Pro supports VST/AU/RTAS automation of Volume, Pan and Sends through the connector plugin.

• last edited
    last edited

@mgcote said:

Do I need one usb dongle for each computer I want to use with VE Pro? Tx

You will need a dongle for each slave machine - and you will get 3 licenses with a VE Pro purchase. The master machine, if running just the server interface plugin, needs no dongle.

• Most my plugin works great... but my ewql play libraries does not however. Im getting a "That product does not exist (productid -1)" error message. They work in all my other host(s) except ve pro. :(

edit: I can see on vi-control forum that it is a known problem. Thats very unfortunate.

• How do i upgrade from VE 3 to VE Pro, i can't see an option antwhere ?

• last edited
    last edited

@phasemusic said:

How do i upgrade from VE 3 to VE Pro, i can't see an option antwhere ?

go to USER AREA - SOFTWARE - Vienna Ensemble PRO, download and install (make sure no Vi / VE is running or loaded)

hth, christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • Hi jazzhole,

it is really unfortunate that we do not currently support EastWest PLAY in Vienna Ensemble PRO.

We are working on a solution for this, together with our colleagues from EastWest. Thanks for your patience!

Best,

Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi jazzhole,

it is really unfortunate that we do not currently support EastWest PLAY in Vienna Ensemble PRO.

We are working on a solution for this, together with our colleagues from EastWest. Thanks for your patience!

Best,

Paul

Im sure youll get it sorted soon, otherwise ve pro is a stellar solution for all my different plugins. :) 

• At last! I love the new interface look!

I am a bit confused, though. Or possibly blind.

Using the 64-bit Server i can only load some apple effects, not the Vienna Suite ones, which according to the manual, should be 64-bit.

How can i load channel strip settings? i wanted to try out the Epic Orchestra template but could't find out how.

I am using the current version of Mac OS X Snow Leopard.

• Yeah I got that error message with EWQL Play. Works in the 32bit VE Pro verson for me though, just not 64bit.

Paul

• Becuase of YOU VSL - my current client will be getting less than I was planning. [:P] Must DL and work on this.   Really excited about this one.

Rob

• Congratulation to VSL for this amazing piece of software. I'm just wondering if it's possibleto send automation data from VE Pro to Logic, in touch, latch or write mode. Automation works as expected from the host to VE Pro and It's far better than the last version wich whas not automateble. I understand that we can't have every special features in the first built. Are you planning to offer feature? Or is it only in Logic that it dose'nt work? 

BTW VE Pro is becoming the core of my DAW since I can now load every Virtual Instrument into it. I will use Logic for audio recording and mixing only. This software is changing my life.

Thanks for your hard works.

Fred

• last edited
    last edited

@Johannet said:

Using the 64-bit Server i can only load some apple effects, not the Vienna Suite ones, which according to the manual, should be 64-bit.

How can i load channel strip settings? i wanted to try out the Epic Orchestra template but could't find out how.

Hi Johannet,

We are currently testing the 64-bit version of Vienna Suite for OS X, should be released soon [:)]

The channel strip settings are in a special VE PRO project that should be online soon, including a short demo midi file by Christian Kardeis.

=> Make sure to have Vienna Suite available, be it as a permanent license or a demo license.

Best,

Paul

• Is VE Pro 64 only able to load 64 bit VIs? It's not recognizing Omnisphere after rescanning of VST directories. I did have a crash when I first loaded Kontakt 3.5 with an older gig file. Loaded Kontakt first, then loaded Solo Strings staccato and it froze. Restarted the program and it hasn't crashed it but I'm still fiddling around. Thanks

• I don't know the answer to that question however, have you tried using "both" at the same time (a session of 32-bit and a session of 64-bit)?  Put your 64-bit plugs in that and your 32-bit ones inside a 32-bit.  I would be really interested in hearing if that worked or not.

Maestro2be