Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,387 users have contributed to 42,295 threads and 255,061 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• Hi Freigeist,

please add some details about your system (computer specs, Software versions, OS...) - we will look into it.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Vienna Suite 1.0.1039

PC:
    - Intel C2Q 6600
    - 4GB DDR2 Corsair
    - Asus P5K Deluxe
    - 1,5 TB HD-Space
    - M-Audio Firewire 410

Host: Cubase 4  (4.5.2)

Also installed:
    - NI Battery
    - NI Kontakt
    - NI Massive
    - Access Virus TI

•  any news? [*-)]

• Could you please tell me what the memory usage of your machine is when this occurs?

• I can't test it right at the moment. But normally - on this project - it's around 1,5-1,7 GB RAM.

What do you think? Could it be the number of opened (visible in the background) vsl-instances? Because all my used plugins are "open". Let's say, I used around 15-25 instances of the suite-plugins. Did you already test the suite with such an amout of opened instances? :/

I could give detailed feedback in the evening...

• Are you saying that you have 15-25 VS plugin windows open on screen at the same time? :)

• most of them are hidden by other plugin-windows... but they're "virtually" open, just behind some other things like mixer, sequencer, keyeditor etc. etc.

• Sorry, for keep asking, but is someone of you on it?! [*-)]

• Have you tried closing some of the virtually open plug-ins to see what will happen? I use Cubase as well and from my experience closing some windows will help and as well as just moving the plug-in a bit to "refresh" the screen. I haven't had this particular problem from the Vienna Suite plug-ins that I can recall however.

• last edited
    last edited

@Austin said:

Have you tried closing some of the virtually open plug-ins to see what will happen? I use Cubase as well and from my experience closing some windows will help and as well as just moving the plug-in a bit to "refresh" the screen. I haven't had this particular problem from the Vienna Suite plug-ins that I can recall however.

When I move the "broken" Window around, the window just takes the graphics from the background ๐Ÿ˜•
    The windows doesn't even have the right size... there is any bug and its 100% from VSL side. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Unload and create the same instance again doesn't work, too. If I do that twice, the Sequencer shows like 10 error messages and closes immediatly. It's way to fast to take any screenshots... :|

• Please send screenshots and/or descriptions of the error messages to support [at] vsl [dot] co [dot] at, and provide a scenario that will reproduce this issue.

•  just a shot ... have you considered a MIDI loop to happen with your setup - such UI effects can often be noticed in such a case ...

christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • last edited
    last edited

@cm said:

have you considered a MIDI loop to happen with your setup

Wie ist das denn gemeint?

Anyways:
    The Bug didn't appear again, since I closed all opened plugins and keep closing plugin-windows after my tweaks.
    I Hope that was the issue... ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Hi Freigeist,

I guess that was it - too many GUIยดs open. These realtime renderings are pretty CPU intense.

Best, Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL