Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,432 users have contributed to 42,299 threads and 255,074 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 58 new user(s).

• Same here on XPx64. Quit all applications, shut down and VSL deamon hangs.

Justin

• Same here after latest update (2870) on XP 64 on 2 different PC's. Didn't happen on prior version with either machine so a bug obviously.

• I'm having the same problem. Only occured after the update to build 2870. I'm using Windows XP Home. On shutdown I have to manually end the process when it hangs.

• Any word from the VSL team about this bug?

• No word from VSL team yet. But I think this is somthing they have to look into because a lot of useres have the same problem it seems. I now shutdown vsldeaomon.exe via taskmanager before I shutdown the PC. When I do this I can keep controling the PC via my Euphonix MC over the network. When I froget this and shutdown I have to hardreset the PC to shutdown. I did not report this a an official bug because I don´t know where to do this on the the Vienna site.

Gr Martijn

• Yess , same Problem here. It says on the Mac OSX Activity Monitor " vsldeamon ( doesn´t react ) " . I have to quit it manually ! That bug appears on OSX Leopard 10.5.2 , Mac Pro 2,8 GHz 8 Core .

•  Just installed VSL and Ensemble on 2 new machines (winxp64, shuttle xpc, 8g ram) one hangs the other doesnt..not sure if I updated both to 2870 but I thought I did...Like the previous user I 'vnc' to that computer so figuring out what caused the hang was a pain...but lo and behold it was "VSLDaemon"...tomm.  I'll check to make sure both versions are the same...either way I'll report back.

all the best

• Nope...they both hang on shutdown.  At this point I have to manually close VSL daemon before shutting down.  A real pain. 

please fix soon

• any word on whether this has been looked at and/or fixed?

• sorry, i've been under the impression it has been posted already ... it's fixed, just intsall the latest version please

christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.