Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,455 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,079 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 58 new user(s).

• Epic Piccolos

[H]

• Epic Spoons

[H]

• I bought Chamber Strings about 10 days before they went on that summer sale but I say they are definitely worth the non-sale price. If anyone is on the fence about the horns I would say buy now rather than wait for a Christmas sale. It seems that VSL raises the bar with every new library they release, their technology improving as they go.

I myself am putting Epic Horns on my short list.

Epic Cabaret Dancers all the way!

Clark

• Epic Gran Casa
    (I recently bought a sub [:D] )

• last edited
    last edited

@mike harper said:

[H]
    epic trumpets
    epic strings

Without a doubt - the best idea of the day. Seriously - the way the epic horns are recorded and programmed is nothing short of brilliant. Have this same sound in strings and trumpets would be nice.

Herb?

Rob

• last edited
    last edited

@mike harper said:

[H]
    epic trumpets
    epic strings

Without a doubt - the best idea of the day. Seriously - the way the epic horns are recorded and programmed is nothing short of brilliant. Have this same sound in strings and trumpets would be nice.
    Herb?
    Rob

And without a doubt, the most difficult to get right it seems from experience. These two would be a great idea. Anything on this Herb? [:)]

• last edited
    last edited

@hermitage59 said:

Epic Piccolos

[H]

Epic Triangle.

[6]

• last edited
    last edited

@mike harper said:

[H]
    epic trumpets
    epic strings

Herb?
    Rob

And without a doubt, the most difficult to get right it seems from experience. These two would be a great idea. Anything on this Herb? [:)]

Ditto

• Yeah I have some sample libraries- VSL Cube, EWQLSO Gold, EWQLSO Silver, SAM trombones and horns, Epic Horns, French Oboe, Stormdrum and some piano libraries. I'd love to see an Epic Strings! Better hire Thomas J again though.

• Epic Anvils
    [[:|]]

• How about Epic Forum Posters - samples of us demanding more samples in an epic manner. [[;)]] [:D]

• Epic Wind Chimes.... [[:|]] [[:D]]

Imagine this epic *blingblingbling* - sound... [[;)]]

[[:D]]

• Let's please be serious here.

Epic avatars!

• EPIC STRINGS.... with an epic pizza on top...
    Because then I would not leave my studio for a long time! [[:|]]

• last edited
    last edited

@Matt 1 said:

EPIC STRINGS.... with an epic pizza on top...
    Because then I would not leave my studio for a long time! [[:|]]

I'll have the same with a side of Epic girls...

• ... and loads of epic bristols... [[:|]]

• The only thing epic in Bristol is the bridge going to Wales............Boyo.

Regards,

Alex.

[H]

• This is not about Epic pizzas or Epic Hot dogs...

Last year, was there a holiday special on VSL products? I wasn't around then. I guess this is impossible to answer for this year hey?....

I like to believe that Santa exists...

• HELLO! HELLO!HELLO!hello!

• No disrespect to the VSL team (I love your products.. I own Opus 1, 2, and French Oboe..and plan on buying more!), but what are your folks' impressions of Epic Horns vs. SAM Horns? I have a small fraction of Epic Horns, I think it came with Opus 2. It has a different tone to it than SAM Horns.. especially at a "p" level dynamic. Epic Horns sound almost like deep double reeds at a low level.. very smooth, mellow, warm. SAM Horns at a low dynamic have a bit more of a brassy sound to them. I guess it's good to have both of them.. I'm just wondering if Epic Horns will give me something SAM Horns can't (besides perf legato of course). I can already piece together convincing fanfares w/ SAM Horns using its marcato A/B/C and staccato samples.