Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,765 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• Need Whistler! Urgent!

Need very quickly a good whistler to record a 10 sec melody, will pay, must record it and send me AIF.

Would there be by any chance a good whistle sample lib?

Thanks in advance.

• Whistler?

You mean his mother?

yeah, I've got a copy.

• No, no, now \\I realize what you mean!

you mean that excellent b-movie series made in the 40s.

The Whistler. Directed by William Castle etc. Voice of the Whistler. The Whistler Returns, etc.. O.K. i can get you a copy of one of those, but it won't be cheap.

• by the way, the Whistler theme was, as I remember it (please correct me if you can) :

g-c-d-g-eflat-c-aflat-c-d-g

• i just realized that's wrong, but don't have a copy of the first film immediately available to check it. Can anyone remember the correct theme?

• Em, you drunk?

• No, it's just that very few people know of those films today. And the theme was whistled, with the melody I noted, which was what made me think of it.

• last edited
    last edited

@William said:

No, it's just that very few people know of those films today. And the theme was whistled, with the melody I noted, which was what made me think of it.

William, it's great to have you back on the forum. I, for one, really missed you. [:D]

DG

• Ok William, but I just didn't want this thread to be TOO distracted by other topics, since I was desperately looking for a whistler to be used in a commercial. Nothing personal, hope you understand.

• one of my production partner whistles quite well, I would even say compared to what I can whistle he is a virtuoso

I PM'd you his email adress

• Thanks! Got it! [:D]

• Bill, my friend,

How could you forget that ultra cult film classic....'Whistler meets Lassie.'

Again.

And again.

And again........

[[:|]]

• Trivial:

What classical composer used a person whistling in his symphony?

See if you get that!

• last edited
    last edited

@Guy said:

... composer used a person whistling in his symphony?

No idea, but here is another solo instrument I miss every day in the VSL library, "Old School Hand Farting"

• That's funny, but what about that Sam Kinison? [[[:D]]] [[[:D]]] [[[:D]]]

Check out also Cage 4'33'', I thought the second mov dragged a bit...

• PaulP Paul moved this topic from Orchestration & Composition on