Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,768 users have contributed to 42,478 threads and 255,925 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 32 new user(s).

• [SPLIT] Leave Samples loaded at remote machines

last edited
    last edited

@DG said:

1) Leave samples loaded at remote machines (I currently use a clunky workaround).

DG, what's this workaround ?

• I load my template into Chainer (LAN) outside of Nuendo on the remote machines. Then when I open "new" projects all FXT has to do is check which samples are already loaded. It means that instead of waiting 12-15 minutes for a project to load, it normally takes around 30 seconds. Much more manageable.

DG

• Sorry, I don't understand,

When you close your Nuendo session, It doesn't close your template ?

ps to the forum admins : Is it possible to split this topic for the new discussion ?

• It closes the Nuendo template, but not the one loaded into Chainer.

DG

• It's very, very interesting, but.....I still don't understand [:O]ops:

- If you use chainer as a Vsti, FXT will close it when you close the Nuendo's session -> No go !

- If you use chainer in standalone mode, I don't see how it can "communicate" with FXT on the master computer.

ps : Thanks for the split

• last edited
    last edited

@Stéphane said:

It's very, very interesting, but.....I still don't understand [:O]ops:

- If you use chainer as a Vsti, FXT will close it when you close the Nuendo's session -> No go !

ps : Thanks for the split

Oh no it won't.....! I forgot an important piece of information.

I load Chainer LAN into Chainer itself. Therefore I have the standalone version on the Host and the LAN VST version on the slave. Strictly speaking I don't need to load the LAN version, and could just load Vienna VI LAN instead, but it is easier to save a big template in one place.

D

• Ok, I understand better.

So, on the master computer, you have your sequencer and chainer in standalone. But then, how do you retrieve the audio in your sequencer, and how do you send midi from the sequencer to chainer ?

• last edited
    last edited

@Stéphane said:

Ok, I understand better.

So, on the master computer, you have your sequencer and chainer in standalone. But then, how do you retrieve the audio in your sequencer, and how do you send midi from the sequencer to chainer ?

Exactly the same way as normal. The standalone Chainer on the DAW is only there as a dummy. I have no MIDI input and therefore no audio output. It is only there so that the samples I need for my project are already loaded in FXT. Remember that the real VST host is FXT and that is on the slave PC.

DG

• I know this is a late response, but I gotta ask. Doesn't this clunky (yet ingenius) workaround end up costing more RAM from each machine? I know VSL is simply referencing all of the samples, but there are still twice as many instances of VI's open on each slave this way.

Or maybe it's just 3 AM and I've gone mad.

Thanks!

-Alex

• You're right, but you can fill all the VI matrix and then save a few instance