Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,327 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• digital audio tool working like VSL MIDI router

Hello,

I am in need for support.

I am looking for a tool, running under Windows XP, service pack 1, that works like the VSL MIDI router, except that it routes digital audio signals instead of MIDI signals.
    Something that is capable of providing digital audio inputs and outputs to several music programs running simultaneously.

Does that make sense to you and - if yes - do you know about such a tool?

Sincerely
    Sebastian

• Hello Sebastian,

what you are looking for is more or less a multi-client audio-matrix. It is very likely that you won't find a mere virtual application for this task, as these features will depend a lot on the audio-hardware used.

That said, my choice would be one of RME Audio's HDSP-family products. These audio-cards offer free routing and levelling form any physical and virtual in- and output, combined with multi-client drivers.

HTH,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hello Dietz,

Somebody gave my a link to http://www.ntonyx.com/vac.htm

I checked it, and it's exactly what I was looking for.
    No special hardware required.

Sebastian

• Hello Sebastian,

thanks for the link (I edited the URL in your message to allow for direct linking). Interesting stuff!

At the first glance, this seems to be a bit cumbersome, as you will have to use ASIO4ALL to gain access from most modern audio-softwares. But please - keep us posted how you succeed.

All the best,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library