Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,755 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,917 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Missing ViennaKey

Just unwrapped my brand new Chamber Strings, and there is nothing like a dongle, x-key or similar USB authentication device inside the box. How did this happend and what do I do about it?

Thanks!

• VSL products (excepting the Symphonic Cube) do not ship with the usb dongle required for authorisation. This catches a number of people out but it is noted on the VSL site and their distributor sites that a dongle is required and should be ordered seperately.

Julian.

• Thanks for the clarification. Is there a way to use my current USB dongle, or must I wait for the factory key? Should my retailer have had some idea about this?

J

• With regard to trying to order a factory Viennakey, I don't find any reference on the web site as to where I might place this order. I'm assuming small-scale Canadian retailers don't stock this as a separate item ...?

• Hi,

i've copied the information below from the Time and Space Website (UK distributor) hope it helps!

julian

"The ViennaKey is necessary to run any VIENNA INSTRUMENT. This USB protection device by Syncrosoft is not included in the box of any Collection, it is a separate item you have to get additionally.

You will need one ViennaKey for every computer you want to run a VIENNA INSTRUMENT on. So you’ll have to order at least one ViennaKey with your first purchase. Users who order the complete SYMPHONIC CUBE will get one ViennaKey for free.

You can use one ViennaKey for all of your VIENNA INSTRUMENTS Collections if you want, as long as you run them on one machine. Of course you can also run several Collections on more than one computer, e.g., Solo Strings and Chamber Strings on Computer A and Orchestral Strings and Brass on Computer B. This will require the purchase of two ViennaKeys, one for each computer. This way you can distribute your VIENNA INSTRUMENTS as you wish over several computers. You can also move the licensing information from one ViennaKey to another, but you can’t have the same Collection on two ViennaKeys at the same time.

If you already have a Syncrosoft USB protection device (from Steinberg for instance), you can use it for the VIENNA INSTRUMENTS, too. Please download the latest “Syncrosoft License Control Center” from the Syncrosoft website so all the relevant VIENNA INSTRUMENTS information is available on your ViennaKey. The only difference from the original ViennaKey is that you can’t run Demo Mode #1 (see below) on a Syncrosoft USB protection device not issued by the Vienna Symphonic Library.

Here’s an explanation of the Demo Modes:

Demo Mode #1
    Even before registering your VIENNA INSTRUMENTS Collection you can test the product on any computer with a new ViennaKey plugged in. There are 180 “starts” available. This number doesn’t refer to starting up the computer or to starting a new session. Each of the following procedures is a “start”: Instantiating the VIENNA INSTRUMENTS, loading a Collection, or loading an instrument from the Extended Library. So the period of time you can use the VIENNA INSTRUMENTS in Demo Mode #1 depends on how often and how many instruments you audition. Therefore we recommend registering your products as soon as possible.

Demo Mode #2
    This is the 30 day demo mode after registering your Collection: If you have bought only the Standard Library, you can try out the Extended Library for 30 days. You have 30 starts available in these 30 days. If you’ve used up your 30 starts before your 30 day trial period has expired, please connect to the Syncrosoft Server using your License Control Center to get another 30 starts."

• I've received my second USB dongle one week after the purchase and I'm canadian ! [:)]

• last edited
    last edited

@SyQuEsT said:

I've received my second USB dongle one week after the purchase and I'm canadian ! [:)]

Even better, you're from Quebec! [:D]

• last edited
    last edited

@SyQuEsT said:

I've received my second USB dongle one week after the purchase and I'm canadian ! [:)]

Even better, you're from Quebec! [:D]

YEEEEAH ! [H]

• last edited
    last edited
    welcome jonesfoto,
    looking in our records i found an older registration from you in lousiana ... is this possible? if yes, i had to consolidate your records ...
    regarding the USB protection device - if you have any syncrosoft key (eg. from steinberg) you could also register this and dowload the license on this device - i would just have to send you a democode for this key seperately.
    christian

ps: on the chamber strings product page there is a note about the requirement with a link to the ViennaKey - it is also mentioned in the system requirements popup

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • Yes, that's me - we left New Orleans after the storm and moved to Toronto - it's like a whole different country!

I'm going to try to find a local supplier for a Syncrosoft key today (New Year's Eve!). One question: provided I can do this, why would I then still need a demo code for the product? Can't I simply authorize the product's use immediately?

Jason

• I've located a Steinburg key locally. Now, is that all I should need to run the Strings, or is some further communication with VSL required?

Thanks!

Jason

• last edited
    last edited
    i've just sent you a code for a 180 starts demomode - this license allows to check out extended libraries in case you have not purchased them, in your cardboardbox you will find a serial number to register your standard library.

please register your syncrosoft key here and continue then with Vienna Instruments registration to receive your standard library activation code.

have fun, christian

ps: please check out also syncrosoft's website for the latest license control center and our vienna instruments software update section

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.