Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,328 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 39 new user(s).

• brass I install question

I'm trying to install the brass I library on a slave PC. The vienna key has the brass I license and is in the PC. The install starts, then accesses the internet for whatever reason, then stops with the message that I need the brass I license to install. I'm sure this is the first time this has ever happened, But, if not, does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks.

vsl installer 1.10
    syncrosoft 5.0.6.2

• I updated the LCC to 5.2.5.0, but it didn't help.

I then transfered the brass I license to one of my other keys, and all the brass I patches appeared. So, there may be something I've missed in registering the key.

I registered the new key yesterday in the VSL user area. What else do I need to do?

• peregrine, please keep in mind computers can keep processes or other information in memory (caching) which can lead to unpredictably behaviour - this is the reason why we'd recommend to simply reboot your machine after you made any changes related to licenses (add license, move content, change ViennaKeys)
    hth, christian
    ps: the status of your licenses on your ViennaKeys seems to be ok as far as i can see

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • Thanks Christian. The answer here was to give vsldaemon.exe internet access thru the firewall. This has happened twice to me now, so it will be the first thing I check next time.

This got me thinking though. Why does the exec have to check in with your server if it already has two part authentication on the vienna key? Isn't that redundant? Or is that what you're looking for?

• thanks for posting the details, peregrine - i didn't think you could run a firewall on your music-computer.
    situation is, that vsl-daemon is using a so-called TCP/IP socket, but the calls are sent to the local machine and not to the internet. some firewalls (like zone alarm) unfortunately do not differ between a local and an external call and so think, an application (or process) tries to connect to the internet. if configured in a stealth mode they even deny this (which is basically bad behaviour, because many applications are using local TCP/IP calls).
    you could alternatively configure your firewall to allow local TCP/IP calls for vsl-daemon - only the license control center needs a connection to the internet if you are downloading or updating licenses and is using just port 80, which is the same as for viewing websites.
    christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.