Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,089 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 40 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• ...a missing "transition"?

01 VI-14_perf-legato... in the softer Layer...

...playing from E5 to A5 I've got a "little -notverynice- hole"... (in italian, we should say "a little... step" [:O]ops[:)]

It seems, to me, that in this interval the legato transition doesn't works... and the A5 got, consequently, a strange accent...

Help. Is it something weird in my setup or someone else can confirm that?

Thanks, cheers and Merry Christmas! [:D]

• Hi rino, and merry Christmas.

I loaded both the VI VI-14_perf-leg and the EXS VI-14_perf-leg_p (soft layer only). While the "scoop" between E5 and A5 is very fast, I didn't hear an accent or a space between the notes. The behavior of the interval sounded the same as E5 to A#5, B5, and C5 (that is, the surrounding intervals). And I removed all processing from the sound -- just played it dry.

Sorry I couldn't confirm this for you. There have been times when certain legato intervals jump out at me too. But these seemed nornal.

• Thanks a lot Plowman, for using your time to make a test and answer to my question...

I've tried just with the stand alone VI too... and the problem, I hear, is "still" there...

Don't know... I hope that Father Christmas will take a look to my setup and give me back my "missed transition-or whatelse it is"! [8-)]

[:D] Cheers!
    R

• It sounds like there might be a problem with the wave file itself. Try re-installing that library.

J.

• Thanks jbm for answering... well... the re-istallation didn't change the problem...

Please, Plowman and jbm, are you on Mac or PC...? (could be a platform issue?)

Cm or somebody else at VSL... to "who" I can send a little audiofile to get some help about it...?

[8-)]

• You got PM, Rino Amato.

M a y a

• Thank you, Maya... [:D]

• Hi rino. Both the EXS and VI experiments I did were on a Mac.

• [:'(] Thanks, Plowman...