Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,765 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• Why does 'C3' from my master keyboard/protools = 'C4' in VI?

Does anyone know why 'C3' from my master keyboard/protools = 'C4' in Vienna Instruments?

Here is my problem - I hit a C3 on my keyboard or protools and it plays an "actual" C3 pitch on the VI instrument (violin for example) ie.corresponding to middle C on the piano. This is all fine. On the VI's keyboard display it also indicates the middle C is struck. GOOD [:D]

BUT if I then hit that exact same note to assign a keyswitch it says 'C4'!!!!! [:(]

Is this logical? Or am I missing something?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

• last edited
    last edited

@patchr said:

Does anyone know why 'C3' from my master keyboard/protools = 'C4' in Vienna Instruments?

Here is my problem - I hit a C3 on my keyboard or protools and it plays an "actual" C3 pitch on the VI instrument (violin for example) ie.corresponding to middle C on the piano. This is all fine. On the VI's keyboard display it also indicates the middle C is struck. GOOD [:D]

BUT if I then hit that exact same note to assign a keyswitch it says 'C4'!!!!! [:(]

Is this logical? Or am I missing something?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Because the international standard for Middle C is actually C4. Your keyboard (and many sequencers) are giving the wrong name to Middle C.

DG

• And the middle C is the 4th C on the piano (it avoid any C-1 )

• nice one!

Cheers

• If you're running Logic, Preferences / Display / General has a drop-down box to assign middle C to C3 (Yamaha) or C4 (Roland). Although it won't affect VI, it is a way to make all the numbers align. I don't know if ProTools has that option.