Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,087 users have contributed to 42,705 threads and 256,979 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 39 new post(s) and 34 new user(s).

• Multiple Vienna Keys

I am highly considering purchasing solo strings.
    I have two pc's and depending on the situation I might want to run vsl on either machine. It's quite a hassle to be going behind my pc and so forth to switch. Could I have one key for each machine?

• Hi and welcome slinky005,

the license for one collection can sit on one Key only. Maybe a USB hub might be a good idea, so that you don´t have to crawl behind your PC every time you want to switch [:)]

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • This may be a stupid question,

but is the key included when I purchase a VI? I am about to purchase Chamber Strings, and under the requirements, it says "vienna key."

• last edited
    last edited
    please see the productinfo from the ViennaKey product page
    christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • $23.00 for a single USB dongle? I looked up the price on sweetwater.

I don't mind paying a premium for the excellent samples and the licensing of course...

But frankly I have to speak up here; this one took me by surprise. I am dissappointed, guys. I guess syncrosoft is making a killing off Vienna's customers. Oh well.

• i've mentioned that in an earlier thread somewhen ...
    different from say cubase a ViennaInstruments user would just need as many ViennaKeys as machines are available, not for each collection - whereas for a sequencer one would need one key per license.

possible decisions were to add a ViennaKey to each standard library (*the cardboard box*) and increase the price for $ 23 or leave it up to the user how many keys to purchase and so save up to $ 200 or even more.
    christian

ps: some users licensing only one collection actually use an already existing syncrosoft protection device from eg. steinberg.
    doesn't make too much sense for me to sell accessoiries which will immediately end as electronic garbage, but this might just be my *green mind*

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • last edited
    last edited

@astronmr20 said:

$23.00 for a single USB dongle? I looked up the price on sweetwater.

I don't mind paying a premium for the excellent samples and the licensing of course...

But frankly I have to speak up here; this one took me by surprise. I am dissappointed, guys. I guess syncrosoft is making a killing off Vienna's customers. Oh well.

Is that a joke post?

• No;

but I am new to Vienna. Hope I did not ruffle feathers, and perhaps my perception of what dongle keys should cost is off-base, but I have never had to buy one seperately.

Cheers.

• mtlc.net has them currently for 19 USD. By the way, they routinely offer VSL products at a nominal discount.