Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,327 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 39 new user(s).

• VI activation problem

I just registered Elements Std + Extended libraries online, but I only received an one activation code, for Extended (via email). When I use Synchrosoft License Control to download the license for this activation code I get the error: "There was no license to upgrade found." I'm guessing that it can't find a license for the Elements Standard Library, but I don't have an activation code for that library. Or am I wrong?

A separate question: I bought the VI Symphonic Cube and registered the standard libraries as I received them - in two packages. I never received any codes for extended libraries. Should I have?

Carter Burwell

• Hello Carter Burwell and welcome!
    Please let me sort this out and I'll get back to your e-mail address asap!
    Cheers, Martin

• Christian Martin sent me an email with the activation code for Elements Standard Library and that seems to have solved that problem.

So if you can, please look into part 2 of my question: Should I have received codes for the Extended Libraries of the VI Symphonic Cube when I bought it? I had the impression that the Extended Libraries were included in the purchase of the entire Cube.

Carter Burwell

• Welcome indeed to one of the best composers working in film (i.e. if this Carter Burwell is that Carter Burwell.)

• last edited
    last edited

@Carter Burwell said:

So if you can, please look into part 2 of my question: Should I have received codes for the Extended Libraries of the VI Symphonic Cube when I bought it? I had the impression that the Extended Libraries were included in the purchase of the entire Cube.

Carter Burwell

The extended codes are included if you paid for them Check the prices of Standard vs. Complete (or even Standard + Extended, around $11000, I think) and it should be obvious. I received my codes via email, but as that was almost a year ago now, things may have changed.

DG

• martin notified us he takes care on the extended issue ....
    DG, i'd just like to be clear on the wording - what you receive in a first run if you purchase a license for extended libraries is a certificate with serial numbers. the serial numbers for the standard library of a collection is on the bottom of the cardboard box.

on the vienna instruments registration page you can either enter both serials together (so receiving one activation code for full) or subsequently standard and extended (so receiving two activation codes)

in both cases you end up with a so-called *master* license on your ViennaKey, but the first is less work
    christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.