Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,089 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 40 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• The 2006 Christmas Discount Thread

Good to read about the sugar-plum dreamware dancing through our heads. But... for those of us desperate to buy pre-existing VSL products -- notably the filling out of the Symphonic Cube -- any chance jolly Saint Herb and his moderating elves might tell us if there'll be any Christmas discounts this year?

• christmas discounts? - i've never heard of such a thing ... [6]
    isn't christmas the time of presents? and joy? and love?

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • last edited
    last edited

@cm said:

christmas discounts? - i've never heard of such a thing ... [6]
    isn't christmas the time of presents? and joy? and love?

Cool!! Does this mean VSL is giving out presents instead of discounts?

I want the Sax lib [:D]

• the offer *get the cube and receive soprano choir additionally* has been extended until dec. 15th ...

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • "get the cube and receive soprano choir additionally* has been extended until dec. 15th ..."

Ho Ho... oh, you're serious.... Well, I'll happily press my nose against that store window too. Then it's back to the VSL Boarding School to a humorless dinner of sampling orphans, half-blind from studio squint, hunched over their digital gruel. I'll decide -- witless from musical hunger -- to walk the daunting gauntlet down the main aisle to the table of Headmaster Herb, where I'll hold open my empty hard drive and whisper, "I'd like more samples, sir...."

"More samples!?"

"Yes sir, if it shan't be a bother...."

Herb will pause, then nod. and then he'll hear the clanging of Tubular Bells, the triumphannt blare of eight fff horns and a rolling thundersheet! .... from down the hall in editing.

His heart will sing with joy and 48 khz tintinnabulation, and discounts will rain down on our orphan heads.

• last edited
    last edited

@Plowman said:

"get the cube and receive soprano choir additionally* has been extended until dec. 15th ..."

Ho Ho... oh, you're serious.... Well, I'll happily press my nose against that store window too. Then it's back to the VSL Boarding School to a humorless dinner of sampling orphans, half-blind from studio squint, hunched over their digital gruel. I'll decide -- witless from musical hunger -- to walk the daunting gauntlet down the main aisle to the table of Headmaster Herb, where I'll hold open my empty hard drive and whisper, "I'd like more samples, sir...."

"More samples!?"

"Yes sir, if it shan't be a bother...."

Herb will pause, then nod. and then he'll hear the clanging of Tubular Bells, the triumphannt blare of eight fff horns and a rolling thundersheet! .... from down the hall in editing.

His heart will sing with joy and 48 khz tintinnabulation, and discounts will rain down on our orphan heads.

Yuck! sounds too much like the GPO forum for my liking.

• Can it be? Here we are already at December 15, and Vienna's generous choir bonus has come to a sad close. Wait a minute... that would leave a discount vacuum....

But let me mention another holiday that we Americans honor every April 15. We exchange gifts with the government, usually cash, houses and livestock.

We best celebrate the day based on expenses incurred in the previous year. So VSL has a rare opportunity to bless us on *two* holidays at once!