Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,089 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 40 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• saxes and synchrosoft key

Hello,

I bought the Symphonic Cube, but I did not yet install the update because I am in the middle of an orchestral project now, and it could cause trouble.
    I will however activate my licenses for this update soon, because only then I can download the free soprano choir (before 15.december).
    I also ordered the complete VSL saxes, and I want to install them now.
    My question: should I first update my synchrosoft key (I have the key and the version that was provided with the Vienna Cube, I think).
    I ask this because I understand the key can only hold a limited number of licenses.
    Is it safe to update to synchrosoft version 5.0.5.0? (I understand this version gives not many problems).

Greetings,

Gerard

• gerard, you can download the choir after you have registered your libraries - you will receive the activation codes then but do not need to use them for downloading the licenses to your key immediately, you could do this also later if you like.
    although the choir will only work with certain licenses on your key (IIRC brass II)
    to use the saxes please note vienna instruments software version 1.1 is needed and license control center version 5.2.1.0 - AFAIK syncrosoft has disabled the *license database update* feature in the LCC so you need to install the latest version then.

the *limited number of licenses* problem does only occure with earlier syncrosoft keys (which came with eg. cubase 1 or halion 2) - your registered key seems to be a ViennaKey and so offer enough space.
    christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • last edited
    last edited

@cm said:

the *limited number of licenses* problem does only occure with earlier syncrosoft keys (which came with eg. cubase 1 or halion 2).
    christian

Christian,
    since you mention it : how many licenses can an "old" key store ? (my god, those days "new" becomes "old" very fast !! [[:|]] )
    I indeed use an *old* (!!) spare Hal3 (AFAIK Hal2 was dongleless) key for my VI Slo strings. If I happen to upgrade my Horizon saxes to VI, will I be able to use this ancester again for your new age technology ?

• last edited
    last edited

@cm said:

gerard, you can download the choir after you have registered your libraries - you will receive the activation codes then but do not need to use them for downloading the licenses to your key immediately, you could do this also later if you like.
    although the choir will only work with certain licenses on your key (IIRC brass II)
    to use the saxes please note vienna instruments software version 1.1 is needed and license control center version 5.2.1.0 - AFAIK syncrosoft has disabled the *license database update* feature in the LCC so you need to install the latest version then.

the *limited number of licenses* problem does only occure with earlier syncrosoft keys (which came with eg. cubase 1 or halion 2) - your registered key seems to be a ViennaKey and so offer enough space.
    christian

Christian,

Am I right that you say that when registering my libraries I get activation codes, so I can at that moment download the licenses I need (the saxes) and download the rest of these licenses of my Vienna Symphonic Cube later? (I understand the choir will not work until the Brass II license is activated).
    Second question: are you saying that I must first de-install the version of the Syncrosoft key that I have now, and install the new version (because the license database update feature is disabled)?

Greetings,

Gerard

• sirbellog, i think you are right with HAL2 ... unfortunately i don't know exactly how many licenses can be stored on a key ... i just noticed that during upgrading licenses (eg. downloading a license for an extended library which will be merged with the standard license to a new combined one) more space is needed - that's the point where some users had problems in the past with older syncrosoft keys.

gerard, usually it is not neccessary to explicitely uninstall an older version of the license control center - just make sure no process related to it is running during the install (simpliest method would be a reboot before and after upgrading)
    christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.