Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,776 users have contributed to 42,478 threads and 255,926 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Articulation Questions

Herb

I have a few questions about VI articulations.

1. Can you move from a legato articulation to a crescendo/diminuendo with the legato transition still happening between the two articulations? I am interested in this because I would like to use this at the end of phrases.

2. I ask this question in an earlier thread but I didn't get a satisfactory answer so I will try again.. In what context should the following patches be used?

(a) Vl_sus_Vib fA_auto. Attack automation.
    (b) Vl_perf-rep_bow-sl.

3. If you turn on the release samples button on, do all the articulations then have release samples?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Mirabile

• last edited
    last edited

@mirabile said:

Herb
    I have a few questions about VI articulations.
    1. Can you move from a legato articulation to a crescendo/diminuendo with the legato transition still happening between the two articulations? I am interested in this because I would like to use this at the end of phrases.
    Thanks for your help.
    Regards, Mirabile

Hi Mirabile
    I've expanded my VI-TRICKS & TIPS - Tutorial with a possible solution for you. Even if it is not quite the correct answer you will be able to solve your problem, I'm sure.
    legato between two single notes?

Beat

- Tips & Tricks while using Samples of VSL.. see at: https://www.beat-kaufmann.com/vitutorials/ - Tutorial "Mixing an Orchestra": https://www.beat-kaufmann.com/mixing-an-orchestra/
  • Beat

Thanks for your answer.

I will try to use this.

Regards

Mirabile

PS. Anybody from VSL?

• Herb

Can someone from the VSL team answer this post?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

John

• I would crossfade (fast) using the cell-crossfade option between perf-leg and the dynamic patch, immediately after the intervallchange.

best
    Herb

• Herb

Thanks for your solution to this problem I will try this. Also can you answer questions 2 & 3 from my initial post.

Regards

Mirabile

• fA_auto
    here you get as startingnote an original attack, if you peform legato all following notes will have optimized (fast attacks)
    I think these articulations are most usefull for fast movements using tremolo patches.

Each patch has an individual info display, for example:

VelLay: 3 (number of velocities)
    RS: yes (release samples included)
    AB: no (AB switch option not included)

so each patch which is labeled RS: yes is performing release samples when the "release samples button" is activated

best
    Herb

• Herb

Thanks for your answers.

Regards

Mirabile