Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,674 users have contributed to 42,622 threads and 256,575 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 29 new post(s) and 42 new user(s).

• NV G-string [[;)]]

i need a key switch to get the open string (please..no vibrato ) for all the strings.

Mephisto [6]

PS: it would be easy to include an Harpsichord set up with the organ as a bonus [I]

• last edited
    last edited

@Mephisto said:

NV G-string [[;)]]

i need a key switch to get the open string (please..no vibrato ) for all the strings.

In this thread there has already been a discussion about the (IMHO inappropriate) vibrato on the lowest note of the solo string instruments -- for the time being, my last post is still unanswered...

If you have the extended library, you can of course program a keyswitch to activate the non-vibrato samples. But then again I think the standard playing techniques (and a non-vibrato on the lowest open string IS a standard playing technique) should be available in the standard library...

• 1. I wish it was possible to set instrument playing ranges within a patch so I could build my own 4-cell 'Strings Orchestra' patches (using the 'parallel cell' facility).

2. Failing that, I wish the Strings Orchestra had fast staccato and fast attack patches.

3. I wish the VI had a 'set MIDI channel' facility like every other virtual instrument and sampler in the world.

(Discussions on the desirability and possible applications of wish no. 3 have been initiated elsewhere so let's not get into it here! Suffice it to say that it would add flexibility.)