Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,755 users have contributed to 42,476 threads and 255,916 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• VSL Podcast -- Show 26

Hey everyone. Took a week off but I'm back now with your Podcast. I talk about Stereo width and why you should look to narrow your instruments for big orchestra's and not so much for a small group of instruments. Also we have music from Todd Jones, and Mark Winter, and of course Beat Kaufmann. I will be amending my mixing topics on my website soon with new information and some new logic session templates. Thanks to all those who sent me e-mail letting my know how much they're enjoying the show your comments are gratefully appreciated.

Hope you enjoy.

• Hetoreyn,

Another good show, with interesting advice on stereo width.

And some information:
    The panner i sent you is freeware,from a site called www.logicuser.de, the link for which was posted in this forum by a member named Xcell. (Thanks X. Great tool)

So two useful logic sites to visit:

www.logicuser.de (in german)

www.logicprohelp.com (in english)

Both have some good suggestions, templates, environments, etc. and have LP trainers in 'residence.' I've received a great deal of help in my continuing, (and possibly soon to be finished), logic saga.

Regards, and hope you get well soon,

Alex.

p.s. If you don't like taking pills for a cold, there's a natural remedy that has proved useful for me, both in terms of illness relief, and the (very) occasional preventative dose.

Warmed Cognac.

[H]

• Aye, thanks for the tips about the cold .. I shall look into that [:D].

I have put the Stereo Panner on my site http://www.elvenmusic.com/mixing/mixing.html though I'm now glad I can credit the right people. I'm going to be redoing my mixing technique section .. as I keep saying [:P] .. and hopefully include all the presets for everything .. Panning. reverbing and all.

Thanks again.