Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,755 users have contributed to 42,476 threads and 255,916 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Concert Guitar: Getting best sound?

How can I get my Vienna Concert Guitar to sound as good as those demos at the VSL site? Specifically:

1) Variety of sounds in one melodic line. Is there a quick-intuitive way to switch sounds back and forth? Is the best method to use merge-MIDI function in my recording and layer the lines?

2) Dynamic range: even by tweaking in giga-editor, I don't seem to get much range.

3) Certain note sound flat-pitched, no matter how I hit them. Sometimes it takes dozens of tries to come close to proper pitch. Why is that?
    eg, A (and sometimes F) above middle C, and the A an octave above.

Many thanks!

• Hi CAP,

to get an idea of the way I did the programming in some of the demos on our website it´s probably the best way to have a look on the "Tutorial für Concert Guitar" in the download section. There you can find the midi-files and Gigastudio-Projects and you will see where I used legati-mode, staccati, repetitions or single notes.

http://www.vsl.co.at/en-us/68/157/59.vsl

I always work with multiple lines. If there is a melodic line using different playing styles, I copy and paste it to a different line and mute or delete the midi-notes I dont need in this line/style.

- did you download the update for the Concert Guitar (some pitch corrections have been done)

http://www.vsl.co.at/en-us/68/158/63.vsl

best
    thomas

• Thanks, Thomas

I didn't realize there was such a resource at the site.
    I appreciate the push in the right direction. [:)]

• Thomas,
    I followed your link for updates, but got this msg:

Sorry, no files available to download for your registered products!

Are you sure they're still available?

Thanks.

• cap, you added new accounts nov. 21st and dec 2nd which showed up empty of course - i have straightened your records and you should be able to download the files, please revisit
    christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • Thanks, Christian

I still can't access that area.
    I tried re-registering, because I couldn't access the user files.
    I e-mailed VSL support for further help.

• last edited
    last edited
    just checked again your account and registration - everything looks fine from here.
    - are you blocking browser-cookies? we need them to keep you logged in, so please allow them at least for vsl.co.at (should be the default setting of a browser)
    - do you login with your registered email address?
    - is there any firewall application in the game?
    - are you visiting exactly this page ?
    christian

• Finally, I was able to log in and download the files.

I just want to clarify; is the new giga file (with in-tune notes) the one created on 11/18/06, 01_AG_SINGLE NOTES.gig?

I did notice some corrections here.
    BTW, my favorite sound, AG_mV_sus-2, still has an out of tune "A" above middle C. I can work around it for now, punching in other sounds. But might you correct this in the future?

It's a small point. I think your guitar sounds magnificent in the demos, well worth aspiring to.

Many, many thanks Thomas & Christian!

• great to hear you made it finally ... please contact thomas with details if you feel something is not perfectly in place.
    christian