Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,328 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 39 new user(s).

• Cannot Install VI (file corrupted?)

Hello

I've just purchased the Vienna Instruments Orch Strings I & II. The Orch strings I just will not install. After inserting the DVD #1 and following the instructions eventually it gets stuck on Violins 17.dat and an error message appears saying:

Cannot read installation package (file is corrupted?)

I've tried it about 6 or 7 times now and exactly the same thing happens. What's strange is that the Orch strings II had exactly the same message except that when I tried it for a second time it worked fine....?

Has anyone seen this before, I think it's most likely something to do with the disc.

I've downloaed all the current software and registered the VI's.

Any help greatly appreciated
    Jim

• Hi Jim,

I've had a few similar problems installing the VI libraries. I suggest you examine the surface of the DVD's to make sure there are no scratches or finger marks (if they're scratched, ask for a replacement) and make sure your DVDR drive is well-ventilated - I found the problem occurred more in the heat of last summer. What worked for me (once) was using a CD lens cleaner (a CD with little brushes which you insert in the drive and run for 30 seconds or so) prior to installation.

• Hi thanks for that. You've confirmed my suspicions! The DVD does have a little smear on it so I'll try giving it a clean.

Thanks again
    Jim