Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,091 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 39 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Question about VSL VI Percussion

I searched the forum but did not find the information I wanted.

The Taiko drums in VI Percussion - is there some more info (the base lib, not the extended):
    how many instruments (like sizes), what single hits (like center, side), how many dynamic layers?

What are the effect hits that are mentioned for the Taikos in the Extended lib?

Thanks for the info

best

• Is this a secret? is it against the license agreement to say something about it? Or do ask about it? [:)]

Thanks

Best

• Hi Steff,

Information about velocities and alternations are described in the percussion manual on page 52. (for single hits there are 8 velocity layers, and there are normal hits, rims, rolls and dynamic rolls)
    Taiko FX is extended content, it's a low tuned large taiko drum, so you get a soft-superbass sound.

Sorry I don't know the measures of the taikos, we didn't document it.

best
    Herb

• Hello Herb,

thanks a lot.

Well, I am afraid I will need to buy the VI Percussion before I can have a look to the manual, right?
    is there also an info of how many different Taikos were sampled (sizes)?

Thanks
    Best

• hello steff.

we recorded 7 different taiko drums (from samll to huge). every one with 8 velocities, left and right hand, rim hits, rolls, crescendo and diminuendo rolls.

in the extended library you also get performance repetitions and an fx-set of the low taiko.

kind regards.

andi (vsl percussion department)

Vienna Symphonic Library