Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,761 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,921 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• VI's and other streaming plugins

On many occasions I've found the VI's to not get along with other disk-streaming plugs, i.e. Kontakt 2 or Ivory. Anyone reliably getting this to work?

I'm using VStack on a P4 at 3 GHz with 4GB of RAM, no reg tweaks, 9652 card with various buffer settings with the same result.

Thanks!

• Hi,

please describe what happens. Is there a pattern or some kind of behaviour that is always reproducable?

Thanks,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Sorry it took me a while to reply - On any buffer size (including any of Ivory's internal ones), if I add Ivory or Kontakt 2 to a setup where there's already a VI or two, every instrument stutters. Doesn't matter what order I do it in. Drives are unfragmented library-only SATA3 drives. I can run anything independently, just not all at once- and I am preparing to install GVI as well. Is there an issue with the VI's sharing space with other streaming software?

• last edited
    last edited

@kerblooie said:

Is there an issue with the VI's sharing space with other streaming software?

we try to behave well, ie we are polite.
    have you tried streaming VI from a different drive?
    If problem still prevails there might be another reason.

we will have a look.

thanks
    cteuscher
    development

• If you're using one of the 10-12 layer Ivory presets, it will eat more than a gb of ram just by itself. Add VI and you start running out of ram quickly. Try using a dry 4 layer Ivory patch and see if the situation improves. If it does, you can search the forum for Mattias' instructions for the 3gb switch. Or, if you have access to a second pc, you can try fx-teleport.

• Peregrine wrote

If you're using one of the 10-12 layer Ivory presets, it will eat more than a gb of ram just by itself. Add VI and you start running out of ram quickly. Try using a dry 4 layer Ivory patch and see if the situation improves. If it does, you can search the forum for Mattias' instructions for the 3gb switch. Or, if you have access to a second pc, you can try fx-teleport.

Hi Peregrine -

it doesn't matter what size of patch I use, same result. Also, it
    s already on a second pc connected with MOL. Its library and Kontakt's are on different drives from the VI's library.

New version of Kontakt2 out, I'll be trying that...

• You could try setting the 3gb switch. Look thru Mattias' topic at the top of the list in this forum - PC memory configuration and VI.