Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,091 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 39 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Vienna Instruments/Vienna Symphonic

Just a question:

Is the new stuff in Vienna Instruments completely new? Meaning, are these brand new samples or the ones that were recorded earlier but re-edited and presented in 24 bit?

Any word on the blending of these samples with old VSL stuff. I am a bit confused about how to use certain things.

Because, I have got Orchestral strings 1 and Brass 1 at the moment. But I also have Opus bundle, Epic horns, Chamber strings.

For example, I was slightly disheartened to see in strings - Violin sustain with vibrato - but no sustain sample without vibrato! I have got the standard edition.

Usually it should be the other way round - Without vibrato sample in standard and with vibrato in extended. I cant have vibrato in all my sustain lines. And the problem is - I have the sustain samples but in the old stuff. How will be able to utilize these.

I wish there was a way to include old samples within VI - even if it was just basic stuff that we can do in Giga, Exs etc - meaning, even if the old VSL obviously could not have automatic repetition and all that - but just being able to load a file into VI.

Neways...too long a post I guess..

So is this brand new stuff or redone?

I must say, I am most impressed with the samples in VI. And the ease with which you can do things. Its so hard not to spend all my money and live in poverty for the remainder of the year.lol!

My congratulations to the entire team.

Best,
    Tanuj.

• The same samples, a lot of them heavily re-edited [:)]

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@vibrato said:

For example, I was slightly disheartened to see in strings - Violin sustain with vibrato - but no sustain sample without vibrato! I have got the standard edition.

Usually it should be the other way round - Without vibrato sample in standard and with vibrato in extended. I cant have vibrato in all my sustain lines. And the problem is - I have the sustain samples but in the old stuff. How will be able to utilize these.

Best,
    Tanuj.

I can assure you that with vibrato is the default for all string players (except possibly Double Bass). Therefore it makes sense that this is in the Standard rather than the Extended.

You can still use all your "old" stuff, just not in the VI player.

DG