Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,766 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 35 new user(s).

• Velocity xFade and phasing

Given that Herb has said that it would be impossible to use some kind of morphing to avoid the phasing issue, apparent when using Velocity xFade on solo instruments, as computers are not fast enough, would a "sort of" solution be similar to the MIR fix; do the processing off-line. I'm sure that many of us bounce down the MIDI to audio in order to mix, so if the bounce takes a little longer due to processing the "morph", then it just means a slightly more leisurely cup of tea than usual. Thoughts anyone?

DG

• DG,
    That sounds like a great idea to me. So perhaps the real-time playback will remain the same, but when you mixdown... the morphing takes over. I think any processing time added to the mixdown to audio would totally be worth the added fidelity.

Best,
    -R

• Sounds well but main of the time, composers use the VSL VI on a slave computer. [*-)]

• last edited
    last edited

@SyQuEsT said:

Sounds well but main of the time, composers use the VSL VI on a slave computer. [*-)]

So?????

DG

• I think what SyQeEsT meant was that adding processing time to a mixdown to account for extra calculations requires bouncing "offline" instead of in realtime and wouldn't work with anyone using VI on a slave computer.

• last edited
    last edited

@magnumpraw said:

I think what SyQeEsT meant was that adding processing time to a mixdown to account for extra calculations requires bouncing "offline" instead of in realtime and wouldn't work with anyone using VI on a slave computer.

That depends on how the computers are connected. With FX-Teleport, for example, it would not be a problem.

DG

• Ah yes, FXT. If only it worked on Mac. I've been waiting and wishing for almost 2 years now.

• last edited
    last edited

@magnumpraw said:

Ah yes, FXT. If only it worked on Mac. I've been waiting and wishing for almost 2 years now.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Mac version appears soon, as FXT2 was due this summer. Mind you, with all these tales of 7+GB of sample loading in one of the other threads, you hardly need a farm any more...!

DG