Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,599 users have contributed to 42,396 threads and 255,539 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 45 new user(s).

• These are sounding great... I might make somelittle demo later (with the chance of J doing the same and putting me to shame).

I must say that the Legato_Sfz patch is such a great idea... Its a subtle difference, but very cool and usuable.

Back to playing with patches.

• oh come on guys. you have the thing for hours and noone even made a short mp3 demo yet? thats poor. are you all sleeping? [:)] come on we're curious!

• Herb,

When you get a moment, could you post the number of velocity layers for each patch?

Thanks,
    Jay

• Herb, some really good sounds here. I've just finished programming a violin line, so I'm going to re-do it with AV so that I can do an A/B comparison. I'm sure that I'll be pleased.

Now all I need is more articulations such as zigane, the Appassionata Violas and especially the Cellos. Basses I can do without...!

I think that what I've heard so far means that this really should become a viable collection for later sale, so your initial generosity in providing these sounds should pay for itself in the long run. I certainly haven't heard any other string patches that can compare with these, so thanks again, and I am looking forward to playing with them

DG

• last edited
    last edited

@Sangit said:

oh come on guys. you have the thing for hours and noone even made a short mp3 demo yet? thats poor. are you all sleeping? [:)] come on we're curious!

For what it's worth

Could have tweaked the midi a bit more, but it should serve as a good idication of the sound....

To Herb.. Thanks - its fantastic. Having these for Celli would be amazing... I really hope(and beleive) you will consider it.

• last edited
    last edited

@Christian Marcussen said:

For what it's worth

Could have tweaked the midi a bit more, but it should serve as a good idication of the sound....

To Herb.. Thanks - its fantastic. Having these for Celli would be amazing... I really hope(and beleive) you will consider it.

Thanks for that snippet, Christian. Good to hear the sound at last...

[H]

• cool, can't wait to download it.

• Thks a lot, Christian, they sure sound BIG! (have you layered or is it a single patch?)

• last edited
    last edited

@Ivan P said:

Thks a lot, Christian, they sure sound BIG! (have you layered or is it a single patch?)

Single patch, although both 1st and 2nd violins are Appasionata, and in the last segment 2nd violins play two lines. And not only do they sound big - they sound great! [:)]

• 01 VI-20_staccato..............3
    11 VI-20_sus_Vib...............4
    12 VI-20_sus_Vib-strong.....2
    13 VI-20_sus_Vib-progr......2
    14 VI-20_sus_tune............2
    15 VI-20_sus_sul-G...........1

all VI-20_dyn-me_cre.......1
    all VI-20_dyn-me_dim.......2
    all VI-20_pfp...................1
    21 VI-20_sfz...................2

01 VI-20_perf-legato...................2
    02 VI-20_perf-legato_4vel...........4
    03 VI-20_perf-legato_Vib-progr....2
    04 VI-20_perf-legato_Vib-strong..2
    05 VI-20_perf-legato_sfz.............2
    06 VI-20_perf-legato_tune..........2
    07 VI-20_perf-legato_tune-li........2
    08 VI-20_perf-legato_sul-G..........1

01 VI-20_perf-trill_leg.................2

01 VI-20_perf-rep_leg.................2
    02 VI-20_perf-rep_por.................2
    03 VI-20_perf-rep_spi.................2
    04 VI-20_perf-rep_harsh.............2

all VI-20_fast-rep......................2

01 VI-20_grace-runs..................2

• Question herb... and I guess it goes for the other _4lvel legato patches. Are the two extra layers from the sustain patches, or how are they constructed? Thanks.

• Thanks for the info Herb. But are you certain that there are only 2 layers for pfp and VI-20_dyn-me_cre? I could have sworn there were 2 layers.

Best,
    Jay

• christian i agree. the strings indeed sound great ... more

herb, please make this buyable!

• Can we please get single demo lines of the strings, single notes to have a listen too.

I can understand that the enthusiasm is really big about the demo of Chris, but it sounds too rich to be able to really hear what the sound like...

Demos please, Herb...

• last edited
    last edited

@Matt 1 said:

Can we please get single demo lines of the strings, single notes to have a listen too.

I can understand that the enthusiasm is really big about the demo of Chris, but it sounds too rich to be able to really hear what the sound like...

Demos please, Herb...

Like this? Still has verb and a few of my secret mixing tricks... But a completely dry demo makes little sense. These are suppose to be wet with passion! [:)]

(ps. Last note sounds out of place without the other strings)

• christian, this ain't performance legatos, are they? i do miss the legato transitions between the single notes

• last edited
    last edited

@Sangit said:

christian, this ain't performance legatos, are they? i do miss the legato transitions between the single notes
    Well there may have been a few gaps. I have closed the obvious ones.. but yes it is legato.. and sounds it to me atleast. [:)]

Try listen again to the new upload.

• nice. i'm actually playing the same line with the VI OS1 to hear the difference.
    the apassionata sound seems a bit softer. it's exactly the thing we tried to achive using filters with the existing orchestral strings in the past.

• Herb,

Regarding alternations.....How many on Perf-Trills? I think I'm counting 2 for each VEL Layer.....

Also I think it is 2 on Stacc etc...

thanx,

SvK

• I am missing the "shiver of passionate vibrato"!!!

Of course there must be other articulations as well, cause the string in Chris' demo do not differ very much from the OS1 string sound.
    They sound pretty the same as EWQLSO Strings....

Are there samples with nice vibrato, as we all suggested?