Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,789 users have contributed to 42,414 threads and 255,616 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 27 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Peter Brown said:

quick reply!

even quicker than my edit!

had misread/misunderstood A/B switch for modwheel assign. Just got it working. happy bunny.

cheers
    Peter

[:D]

• Thanks PaulM. Yes, I re-downloaded cab 3 to get it working. That got me as far as cab 6. DL'ed that and got past it in Installer. Now 7 is corrupted. Re-downloading that currently.

I'm wondering if concurrent downloads might have contributed to corrupted files. But I doubt that anyone could say for sure. And I see others did it successfully.

• As others I downloaded cab3 trice, and cab4 and another I cant remember twice.

• Daryl - come on bro - tell us how you did the second one!!!!!!!!

Rob

• I couldn't leave my computer this evening without expressing my most earnest gratitude to VSL for these sounds.

The legato "tune-li" is a component of string sampling that has never been done. Used in proper measure, it imparts a realism to full-bore forte violin lines such as I have never heard.

What a gift to watch VSL evolve. Each new release gains measurably in realism and ease of use. From your First Edition to this present achievement, one may palpably hear VSL growing, learning, and determinedly pursuing the finest samples on the planet.

• Hey guys I'm confused by this thread. Are these available for download now? I can't find them and I own PRO Edition and VI.

Thanks
    Tom

• last edited
    last edited

@tom@aerovons.com said:

Hey guys I'm confused by this thread. Are these available for download now? I can't find them and I own PRO Edition and VI.

Thanks
    Tom

Hi Tom...

Go to USER AREA / VIENNA INSTRUMENTS / BONUS FILES / "Login"/ ......et voila.......

Download all the files into one folder and then run the library installer in your app folder on your computer...

Note.....If you are using a MAC it seems you can only get away with downloading 4 .cab files at a time generally..... other wise errors ensue....

Hope you like the new files....

PaulM

• So these new Strings only work with the New VI Interface? Or do they also work with the performance tool.

-Ben

• last edited
    last edited

@dunk187 said:

So these new Strings only work with the New VI Interface? Or do they also work with the performance tool.

-Ben

The former only I'm afraid........But I just invested in the VI's and I am blown away by not only their ease of use but also the sound quality.....

Put 'em on your Christmas list!!! (you only need to buy the Orch Stgs 1 and own Pro Edition to qualify)

PaulM

• last edited
    last edited

@Plowman said:

Thanks PaulM. Yes, I re-downloaded cab 3 to get it working. That got me as far as cab 6. DL'ed that and got past it in Installer. Now 7 is corrupted. Re-downloading that currently.

I'm wondering if concurrent downloads might have contributed to corrupted files. But I doubt that anyone could say for sure. And I see others did it successfully.

I found any more than 4 DL's concurrently on my MAC and I would get strange MB counts (ie 25MB for a cab file that should be over 120MB)

"Slowly does it" seems to be the way.

Good luck

• tom, you need to have registered either strings or performance set pro edition and ViennaInstruments orch. strings I extended. if you qualify for the download (pro edition already registered) and do not have the extended library for S1 yet an upgrade from S1 standard would be 35 EUR
    christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • last edited
    last edited

@Rob Elliott said:

Daryl - come on bro - tell us how you did the second one!!!!!!!!

Rob

Well, I think that it was pretty obvious that the second one was AV Perf leg. In case anyone cares, the first one was done using a mixture of 14Vln Perf leg, Chamber Vln (vibrato) and Solo violin Perf leg.

DG

• last edited
    last edited

@Rob Elliott said:

Rob

Well, I think that it was pretty obvious that the second one was AV Perf leg. In case anyone cares, the first one was done using a mixture of 14Vln Perf leg, Chamber Vln (vibrato) and Solo violin Perf leg.

DG

So Daryl, Rob, Jay, etc... how do you like the new violins?

• last edited
    last edited

@Rob Elliott said:

Rob

DG

So Daryl, Rob, Jay, etc... how do you like the new violins?
    I like the sound, and they will come in very handy for some things. Obviously there are a few articulations that are not available, but I can think of workarounds for most of them, so I'm very happy. Shame that I've already started the current piece without them.... [:(]

DG

• I have VI's on a MAC G5 2.5Ghz DualP /4.5GB RAM/LOGIC 7.2.1.....

Two things...

1) When I open the VI in either stand alone mode or from within Logic itself (- and then I go to the Activity monitor app to see the system load etc etc.....the app. "vsldaemon" always shows "(Not Responding)".

Everything 'seems' to be working fine and I just wondered if this was an anomaly (as Logic 7 Shows it is not responding when it is loading up - but all is fine)

Can someone from VSL or anybody who has encountered this occurence please let me know all is well (or not!) and give me some information on exactly what vsldaemon does with in the architecture of the VSL programming.

2) If I load up a VI in stand alone mode....load in say 1.0 gig of programs (various matrices) and watch the 'RAM used' meter go up to say 1.0 GIG - and then I unload all the matrices and even Quit the VI completely - the RAM usage meter drops - but still shows a significant amount of RAM as being used - yet none is allocated to anything.....odd!!!!

Just wondering if this has anything to do with "vsldaemon" not appearing to be functioning....

As I say everything 'seems' to be running fine....but just wanna be sure I am getting the maximun out of my system.

Tech heads.....HELP!!!

thanks.....

PaulM

• whoooops - posted in wrong thread......sorry

[:O]ops:

but seeing as I am here now....! any thoughts...on my above post - just dont want to start a big 'off topic'?

PaulM

• 'Tis the dongle.........

DG

• last edited
    last edited

@DG said:

'Tis the dongle.........

DG

OK....ermmmm......is it meant to be showing this 'not responding' message?

• last edited
    last edited

@DG said:

'Tis the dongle.........

DG

I seem to remember that there was discussion about this a while back, and I think that the answer was "just ignore it".

DG

• last edited
    last edited

@DG said:

'Tis the dongle.........

DG

I seem to remember that there was discussion about this a while back, and I think that the answer was "just ignore it".

DG

thank you....

great strategy for technical excellence [[;)]]

......wish it worked on my girlfriend....(no offence to our female listeners x)