Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,599 users have contributed to 42,396 threads and 255,539 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 45 new user(s).

• OK, my turn. One version is Appassionata Violins, one is DG Passion Special. [URL=http://darylgriffith.com/production/vsl/Which_is_which.mp3]Which is which?[/URL]

DG

• last edited
    last edited

@DG said:

OK, my turn. One version is Appassionata Violins, one is DG Passion Special. [URL=http://darylgriffith.com/production/vsl/Which_is_which.mp3]Which is which?[/URL]

DG

The second one.

• last edited
    last edited

@Matt 1 said:

I am missing the "shiver of passionate vibrato"!!!

Of course there must be other articulations as well, cause the string in Chris' demo do not differ very much from the OS1 string sound.
    They sound pretty the same as EWQLSO Strings....

Are there samples with nice vibrato, as we all suggested?

There is a heavy vibrato legato and sustain. I just used the regular one. And to my ears it sounds way better than EWQLSO strings... It also differs from OS1, both in sound and programming. Its clear that VSL have gotten even better at what they do!

• last edited
    last edited

@DG said:

OK, my turn. One version is Appassionata Violins, one is DG Passion Special. [URL=http://darylgriffith.com/production/vsl/Which_is_which.mp3]Which is which?[/URL]

DG
    What is DG special? My guess is also that the second is passionata

• Sorry - nothing to listen to. Is it an mp3?
    Please psot an mp3...

Thanks

Matt

• Thanks for the Demos, guys. Keep 'em coming!!

Mahlon

• Second...

I must say (as far as I heard demos now) where are all the things we voted for? Cannot hear a big difference to the violins before...

Herb, this cannot not be all. Please post some demolines of yours...
    THanks

Matt

• As Christian said there is a heavy vibrato patch, but only an idiot would use this for a legato line. It should be used for certain key notes within a phrase.

DG

• again - what's a DG special?! *curious*

• last edited
    last edited

@Matt 1 said:

Second...

I must say (as far as I heard demos now) where are all the things we voted for? Cannot hear a big difference to the violins before...

Herb, this cannot not be all. Please post some demolines of yours...
    THanks

Matt

Well - I have gotten what I voted for and far more. Herb said that recording Legato would be impossible due to the time that was for it. Now we have 3+ types of legato, staccato, sustains, dynamics and trills... All of it for free, and all of it better than any other string samples I ahve heard. So it might not be exactly what you wanted, but how can it be exactly what we all want? I'm really liking this..

• Matt 1

Chill [;)]

The lines that were posted are quick and dirty [;)]

To programm even a motif with 4 legato (1st note progVIB, 2nd Strong VIB, 3dNote Sfz, 4the note Decresc....etc...not to mention swelling velocity with modwheel....etc etc etc) notes properely...takes a hell of a long time.......

And the posted Demos do not reflect that type of programming.....

It's all in here ...believe me.

SvK

• last edited
    last edited

@svonkampen said:

Matt 1

Chill [;)]

The lines that were posted are quick and dirty [;)]

To programm even a motif with 4 legato notes properely...takes a hell of a long time.......

And the posted Demos do not reflect that type of programming.....

It's all in here ...believe me.

SvK
    Well it depends what he wants. [:)]

Anyway, I would love to hear a demo from you when you get one done [H]

Btw, I changed the midi for better legato in my orginal excert as well. Also added the slow tuning a few places.

Braveheart

• Christian,

youre stuff rox.......what I meant was that even you stated that you "threw them in rather quickly" so everone could hear the samples at least....

see edit in above post.

SvK

• wow
    give it a flute or i'll do :-p

• last edited
    last edited

@Sangit said:

again - what's a DG special?! *curious*

What do you think it is???

DG

• dunno.... bunch of filters and serious controller work?

• last edited
    last edited

@Matt 1 said:

Can we please get single demo lines of the strings, single notes to have a listen too.

I can understand that the enthusiasm is really big about the demo of Chris, but it sounds too rich to be able to really hear what the sound like...

Demos please, Herb...

I'm not trying to start a bunfight, but if you are not entitled to download the Appassionata Violins then whatever you thought that you wanted or voted for is actually irrelevant. The people who have to be satisfied are the ones who are entitled to the download. If I'm wrong and you are allowed to download the new sounds then there is nothing to stop you from doing your own demo.

DG

• I wonder what the lyrical vibrato sounds like...???

Any demos possible?

DG: there is no reason for talking like this!
    As a pro I am expecting some sounds that just blow me away... If you are satisfied with what you have got so far, great. I am happy for you...
    And I do NOT think that anyones opinion is irrelevant here since everyone can be a potential consumer to buy the library - but it has to be worth it!

• last edited
    last edited

@Sangit said:

again - what's a DG special?! *curious*

What do you think it is???

DG

Hey...Your DG special - Isn't it 2 dx7's put slightly out of tune with about 3.5% of mod wheel....thru a boss guitar phazer????

Ok.....I might be a bit wide of the mark - but these ears haven't let me down yet!

• last edited
    last edited

@Matt 1 said:

And I do NOT think that anyones opinion is irrelevant here since everyone can be a potential consumer to buy the library - but it has to be worth it!

No you can't because it's not for sale [:D]

DG