Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,492 users have contributed to 42,233 threads and 254,818 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 20 new post(s) and 46 new user(s).

• First vs Pro editions

Hi there,

If I buy the VSL First Edition now, will there be complete compatibility with the Pro Edition later?

For example, I use EXS24 MkII on Mac. Next year, I need to update a project which used First Edition instruments. When I load the song, assuming I now have the Pro edition, will all the instruments update? Or will I have to manually update all of them? And what about factors such as velocity switch layers? Will they be matched in the Pro Edition?

I ask because I hate incompatiblity between versions of software and the resulting headaches it causes.

By the way, I've already asked my local supplier to investigate pricing for the VSL products. I'm seriously impressed!!!

Regards - Colin

• Hi Colin!
    We will keep the structure of following editions as consistent as possible. As sampler platforms will expand their possibilities, we will of course use all those new possibilities, to access the instruments of the Vienna Symphonic Library even better!

Updating a project you worked on in the preceeding year will still be rather easy, as you still have the First Edition. Load your project and add the instruments and articulations you´d like to add from the Pro Release, that´s all.

As you said, that has a lot to do with versions of software, still the EXS Edition of the Vienna Symphonic Library will stay an EXS Edition...

Hope that answers your question and thanks for the compliment.

All the best, Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Thanks Paul!

With a bit of luck, I'll be a VSL owner soon and I'll probably be on here with *LOTS* of questions.

[8-)]

Regards - Colin