Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,776 users have contributed to 42,478 threads and 255,926 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• RAM USAGE

I have a question. I 've seen that in the ram cell we will see the ram load and the free ram.
    but when we play a sequence in real time or a programmed midi file we will not use all the sample loaded but only what we use for this sequence, and so if we use the learn botton we load only the samples we need. ok this i think we have understood.
    but can we load more sample than our ram can and use the learn botton to save ram?
    for exemple with violin I use a lot of articulations and I have 1,5 GB of ram but to load all what i wish I need 2 gb of ram, the VI let me load or not?. I mean even if I load more sample then my ram I use the learn botton and save ram.
    it is possible?
    thanks

• Hi Christian,

you cannot load more into your RAM, even with the RAM Management option.

1.5 GB is the limit currently on a PC.

Best, Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi Christian,

you cannot load more into your RAM, even with the RAM Management option.

1.5 GB is the limit currently on a PC.

Best, Paul

Paul, does this take into account the fact that some sequencers are "large address aware" and that the 3gig switch can give you up to 2.7Gb? Also, if one is using a VST Host (or FX teleport) does it mean that each instance of the host (or of VI, in the case of FX) can give up to 1.5Gb? I know that it is early days, but my thought is that I should be able to use up to 3.5 Gb on a PC if the instances aren't lumped together.

DG

• Hi DG,

we will check on that, but we couldnĀ“t push the limit further yet.

Greetings, Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL