Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,766 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 35 new user(s).

• Perf Legato Clarinet

On the KLB_Perf-leg_f for Clarinet on the First edition there seems to be a very annoying problem.

When you move from a D4 to a D#4 one gets a very displeasing transition. I know that real human players sometimes do this, but for the sake of good composition it sounds really crap!

If you go the other way .. from E4 it's okay but this one transition makes any romanitc piece that I'm writing sound quite bad. I've noticed it before and just tried to avoid that register but I feel that this is worthy of checking out .. perhaps even updating.

My EXS settings for this instrument are at default so I don't think it's anything I'm doing. I'm not using any controllers or what not. Also on the lower scale, the D3 to D#3, again the transition is not very smooth and seems to be inconsistent with the rest of the tones. Although I can live with that one. The D4 range one is just ruining the rest of the samples. Check it out and see what I mean.