Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,755 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,917 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Background music

Composer in Hollywood looking to establish a good relationship(s) with fellow VSL users. THe present project requires background music to support dialogue. It would be music that helps reinforce drama on screen. Sometimes the music just helps the flow of the dialogue at other times it can be more 'stand alone' and expressive. I would like to keep in the VSL library realm since that is the main library used for themes, etc. Consistency is important. THERE IS PAY. If interested submit any track you've done or link to that track for preview. It wont be used or purchased by me unless it is available for that purpose but it would be nice to see that those submiting have some form of compositional skill. Please contact me at huud@aol.com. Please place in the subject header: VSL composer opportunity

Thanks!

-Terry Michael Huud
    www.Music4TheMovies.com

• last edited
    last edited

@tmhuud said:

Composer in Hollywood looking to establish a good relationship(s) with fellow VSL users.

hm... in MY point of view:

they try to build an archive of filmmusic...

hm... so we will compose the next two years and then the archive will be complete...

great, they will have their music, and we will have to search for another job...

This is nothing more than prostitution in music... Where are the artists out there? Would you really do this?

[6]

greets,

Acker

• Thus is NOT for a music library. This is for a SPECIFIC picture and WILL NOT be used anywher else. The composer will be treated as any other composer, "a work for hire".

-Terry Michael Huud
    www.Music4TheMovies.com

• last edited
    last edited

@tmhuud said:

Thus is NOT for a music library. This is for a SPECIFIC picture and WILL NOT be used anywher else. The composer will be treated as any other composer, "a work for hire".

So you are asking for a ghost writer, basically?

• Correct. For one or two cues.

-terry Michael Huud
    www.Music4TheMovies.com

• Thank you to all that replied. I do appreciate the time you all took to write. If anyones curious approx. 8 people replied. I did listen to all samples and demos that were sent. Of the eight I am presently in contact with three.

Everyone keep up the great writing!

-Terry Michael Huud
    www.Music4TheMovies.com