Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,765 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• what to get? OPUS1 or OPUS1&2 bundle ???

I don't know what to go for....
    OPUS1 or OPUS1&2 bundle....

What do You people think of OPUS2 ???

• last edited
    last edited

@lukpcn said:

I faced the same decision as you do now, and I opted to go for the bundle (seeing as one saves a little that way), and with the current sale price that would be an extra enticement.

Opus I really does contain the bulk of the 'essential' samples, and can be used just fine on its own. I consider it to be the best value for the money in the VSL catalogue, and perhaps in the sampling world period considering the quality and flexibility it offers.
    Opus II adds a number of goodies though, the value of which will depend on what you personally want/need - flautando strings, string repetitions, muted brass (including the gorgeous muted trumpet performance legato), and the also gorgeous legato bass clarinet and contrabassoon.
    The 'bonus' sets of solo strings and epic horns articulations are also perfectly useable and useful.

• last edited
    last edited

@lukpcn said:

It's early days for me - I just bought the bundle and installed it today but for what it's worth you can look at my last post in this forum in the thread "buying Opus Bundle"
    [:D]
    Regards,

John

• OK, One more question.....

WHAT TO CHOOSE
    OPUS1 + EPIC HORNS
    or
    OPUS1&2 Bundle

[8-)]

• It really depends, what you will do. If you rely heavily on the big horn section, get vthe Epic Horns.

But OPUS 2 has some VERY nice goodies, especially regarding the strings - the flautandos and runs can be very helpful.

But don´t worry, you will have a lot of fun with both combinations.

Best, Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

But OPUS 2 has some VERY nice goodies, especially regarding the strings - the flautandos and runs can be very helpful.
    Best, Paul

I agree AND in the Bonus files that came with my Opus 2 there's a very impressive and useable set of samples from Epic Horns. Obviously you'd get many more in the full Epic Horns library, but then you wouldn't have all the extra string things and others that come in Opus 2.

Isn't it terrible [*-)] having to make decisions like this?!!!

Sorry if that adds to your dilemma! [:(]

If only we could afford the lot! [8-)]

Regards,

John

• isn't it sad?
    I bought Opus1 just a short time before the new bundle-price came out [:(]
    Now I would have got Opus2 additionally and even saved money...
    I cry.... can you hear me cry???
    *sigh*

Angel