Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,773 users have contributed to 42,478 threads and 255,926 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 37 new user(s).

• PAYING FOR EXTENDED EDITIONS

At the Ilio site it says that they are only billing for the Standard Cube and NOT for Extended Edition, that VSL is handling the Extended Edition.

http://www.ilio.com/vienna/instruments/index.html

I called, and in North America, we have a two-step process. First we order the standard edition at the Early Bird price from Ilio, and then we come back to VSL and pay for the Extended Edition directly with you.

Is this correct?

So each time you have a new Vienna Instrument released and shipping, the credit card is billed twice: once by the distributor and once by VSL. I was also told that on the Early Bird Special, all sales go through the distributor. No North American dealers are being allowed to particpate.

Nothing has been decided about the price of the dongles.

• Hi Peter,

Both ILIO and its authorized dealers will be selling the Vienna Instrument collections individually. These will include the Standard Libraries. If the user wishes to unlock the Extended Libraries he or she will have to do so on the VSL website. To be clear, the Extended Libraries are not automatically charged to the user's card by VSL; the user must first register and then purchase a license to unlock the Extended Library if and when he or she chooses.

As for the Early Bird promotion that expires January 6th, this can be arranged only through ILIO, as there are too many complications to involve dealers.
    http://www.ilio.com/vsl-holiday.html

And yes, you're right, the dongle policy has not been finalized, though rest assured ILIO does not intend to profit from selling dongles.

-Mark Hiskey
    ILIO

• last edited
    last edited

@emaitch said:

If the user wishes to unlock the Extended Libraries he or she will have to do so on the VSL website. To be clear, the Extended Libraries are not automatically charged to the user's card by VSL; the user must first register and then purchase a license to unlock the Extended Library if and when he or she chooses.

Mark Hiskey
    ILIO

Thanks for the clarity. Thus the purchasing steps are:

1. In North America, order the Standard Edition from ILIO for the Early Bird Special. Our card is billed for half, and we pay shipping on each individual release.

2. While the Vienna Instruments calculator shows us our final price for the Extended Edition, we can only access the Extended Edition by registering the Standard Edition on the VSL web site. Thus, our credit card is billed twice: once by the distributior for the Standard Edition (here ILIO) and once by VSL for the extended edition. For ILIO, the actual order is placed here: http://www.ilio.com/vienna/instruments/index.html

3. Through April 2006 we will be sent approximately monthly, each new section of the Symphonic Cube as it releases, BUT! We will not be billed the final portion of the Standard Edition until the last section is shipped.

4. Each time we receive a shipment, we must register online at VSL (YES/NO?), pay the VIP fee and then get the unlock codes for that Extended Edition.

QUESTION: When paying on the VSL site, are we being charged in dollars or Euros? The other day, the exchange rate was 1:1.17

5. As part of the Early Bird Special, we get a free organ. When does this come available?

DONGLES
    For me, and I'm sure others, a clear purchasing policy is needed. Many of us who have the Pro Edition and other libraries have VSL on an average of 2-4 machines, with one machine handling 1-2 orchestral sections. Looking at my present studio, I would need a maximum of 5: strings, brass, winds, percussion, harps/other Vienna Instruments.

What's needed with the dongles is pricing that's simple and doesn't waste our time for installation. My own experience with the Synchrosoft company has been with Cubase SX3, which I've not been very impressed with (either SX3 or Synchrosoft). .

With the dongles, there will be a need to get a replacement quickly (same day/24hours) in the event something happens. I would hope that similar to PACE, if a dongle is broken or becomes unusable, a temporary code can be provided over the telephone which is good for 7-10 days until the replacement arrives.

MIR
    I appreciate, as Herb posted earlier, that no pricing information is available right now. However, MIR and its convolution approach is going to be both unique and critical for Symphonic Cube. From what we can gather from various posts, MIR, like Altiverb, requires it's own system. Even if it's under written non-disclosure, to do budgetary planning we need some idea of approximate release date, system requirements and price range.

I would like to be treated as a corporate customer and given some 12-month planning information (e.g., more Early Bird Specials) to set our financial expectations for purchasing, especially with other Vienna Instrument libraries coming out. This way, both Vienna and its customers can pre-plan purchasing, manufacturing, and cash flow expectations for the entire year.

That has to be a benefit for everyone.

Thanks,

PA