Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,762 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,922 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 13 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• My final thought on the VIP Pricing Issue

I think the thing that irks me the most is that us long time users - who bought the first edition, and the pro edition at FULL price get just the same VI Upgrade discount as someone who buys the pro today or earlier with the 35% discount.

This means all us long standing users who obviously have helped fund VSL to continue to make great products gain nothing extra!

So for my final plea, can I ask that everyone who paid FULL PRICE for the 1st Ed or the Pro be given some extra discount for their loyalty and the fact they purchased with no discount in the first place. Or maybe its just the price of being their "first".

Please?

Regards

Tim

• last edited
    last edited

@timkiel said:

I think the thing that irks me the most is that us long time users - who bought the first edition, and the pro edition at FULL price get just the same VI Upgrade discount as someone who buys the pro today or earlier with the 35% discount.
    Regards

Tim

This could be regarded as a discount for a "soon not to to be latest technology" product.

I think this 35% step is necessary today, otherwise VSL would not sell any more of the old material. That would interrupt their cash flow for some months (at least for some of the products)

tele

• 15% discount on the VI to long time VSLers (those who've never had a 35% discount and I'm sure there are many of us!

Anyone with me?

• I totally agree with this;I won't go again in the original promises about being a VIP user as it has been already mentionned several times.....but I can't believe the VSL team can't understand that and reconsider it.

• 15% discount? For buying the same samples you already have, plus some new?? Personally, I dare to take it further: a conversion of your registered products to the VI at an upgrade price (like €30 or something per set), the instrument and the new samples itself should each be sold separately (price of course at VSL's discretion). Or something like that. Its not my decision, of course.

But the way they do it now, is leaving all the faithfull and trusty customers who were there from day one only two options: follow the new line, and pay all over again, or stay away. That's a pity. In my case this VSI could be very useful. But at this "deal", I'm forced to say: I'm out of here. Which is a pity, for I'm very much in awe of what the VSL have achieved so far.

Well, that's my 2 cents.

Alex

• last edited
    last edited

@Alex O said:

and pay all over again,
    Alex

Alex, I don't agree with th VSL upgrade pricing in all aspects either, especially because there's no path to the Standard editions.

We should try and be precise. It's not really all over again, for those who wish to move to the Complete Edition, they get twice as much samples as before and a new VST instrument.

tele

• Tele, you're definitely right about being precise. Ok, you get more samples.
    But to be honest: I don't want any more right now. With all the stuff I've got, I should do fine. What I do need, is a good sample player, and this one definitely seems worth a try. If only it were offered in a different way...

Cheers,

Alex