Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,470 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,080 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 8 new post(s) and 53 new user(s).

• CD-R test for Master Glass ?

Somebody knows a software which could test the quality of a CD-R (Audio, of course...), to use it for a Master Glass ?

Regards.

The French dyslexic who speaks badly English.

• I know nothing on a "home-recording"-level, just super-expensive stuff for pressing plants. Maybe someone else ...?

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • The main thing is to make sure that your disk matches what is on your hard drive. Be sure to run any compare or file checking options that your burning software offers. (Mine offers verification and comparison)
    After all that you can use file compare software to do a bit for bit check. Other than that, it is usually in the manufacturers hands at that point. See if they can press a sample for you to test out and then do the bit for bit file compare with it (and try the product out of course) and you should be set if that works. Also, be sure to randomly sample your products to make sure a pattern of defects doesn't crop up. Alot of this I learned observing the release of software and libraries while at NemeSys. I'm serious about that file compare. I failed to do a check "once" and almost cost us a whole run. Never again.

Hope this helps a bit.
    Dave

• do a search for CRC32 on the net, there are lots of free programs which give you a unique checksum for each file. so if the size of the file _and_ the checksum is the same, you can be sure they are identical.
    just like to add, most versions of CRC32 ignore silence (zeros), so it's a good method to compare samples, even if one has been cut some milliseconds earlier but contains the same sound
    christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.