Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,766 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 35 new user(s).

• Help with "Activation Wizzard"

support@vsl has yet to answer my email on this, so I wonder if anyone can help me:
    While registering my purchase of Opus 1 and Solo Strings, VSL's website asked for my "Computer ID", which it said could be obtained by using the VSL "Activation Wizzard" on that page. I must have missed something, but I was completely unable to find any Activation Wizard anywhere - not on that page, nor on preceding or following pages (nor in any of my VSL discs or manuals), and so was unable to download the Performance Tool, etc, etc.
    Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks, in advance.

• Sorry, just answered your email.

Thanks for your understanding,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • And that answer would be?

• during product registration you are not asked dor a computerID.
    after downloading and installing the performance tool (stand-alone version for mostly gigastudio) during the first launch you are welcome by an activation wizard.
    this wizard allows you online or offline activation (computer is connected to the internet or not). in case you select *offline* you see a computerID and an invitation to visit vsl.co.at/activate on an internetcomputer to create yourself a responsekey.
    you can launch the activation wizard later (eg. if you add products which need new performance modes) from the file-menu.

michaeel, you have activated a performance tool online back in nov. 2005.
    randles, you don't have gigastudio products so the authorization method for your performance tool for your EXS products relies on the XSkey and the respective authorization code which you have received sept. 2005

the procedure to activate / authorize a performance tool is described in the respective manuals.
    christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • last edited
    last edited

@cm said:

during product registration you are not asked dor a computerID. . . michaeel, you have activated a performance tool online back in nov. 2005. . . christian

Yes, and I've been using it since then -- I was quite surprised to find a new email-notification that there was a new answer to this post [[;)]]