Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,327 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• Help installing VLS

Support@VSL hasn't yet answered my email about this, so I wonder if anyone here can help:
    I recently bought VSL's Opus 1 and Solo Strings, and installed them on my computer. No problem installing them, but after re-building GigaStudio 2.54's QuickSound Database (Advanced - Only Include These Folders - Drive and Folder containing VSL libraries [in my case, that is "Z:\\Midi & Audio Accessories\\VSL"]), GS's QuickSound directory window showed all the correct Opus 1 and Solo Strings folders, but none of them would open to show further folders or files ; that is, there was nothing with which to load Gigastudio channels, and I've been unable to listen to even one sample. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks, in advance, for any help you can offer.

• Hi Michael,

really sorry for the delay, things are quite busy here. There is an option called "expand" or "show instrumenst" in GS that needs to be activated when you update your quicksound database. I´m not sitting in front of GS right now, maybe someone can confirm or correct the option name in the GS quicksound database, thanks a lot. If not, I will check as soon as possible and reply to your email.

Best, Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi, Paul;

Wow, this forum is a lot faster than support@vsl -- thanks for your quick reply!
    Paul, I couldn't find any feature relating to "expand" or "show instruments" in GS2.5 -- even via its Help files. However: rather than do the QuickSound search for "*.gig" files, I now tried searching for "VSL", and - voila! - the sub-folders and files now appear. Strangely, when I subsequently did a QuickSound search under "*.gig", it did produce the desired results.
    Any idea what's going on here?
    Thanks!

• Paul, while I've got your attention, could you kindly help me regarding my "Help with Activation Wizzard" post?
    Many thanks!

• All done in the mail. Let´s please do that via mail, so I can find your informations faster in my database.
    Thanks, Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

All done in the mail. Let´s please do that via mail, so I can find your informations faster in my database.
    Thanks, Paul

Thanks, Paul -- I'll look for it. [:)]