Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,384 users have contributed to 42,223 threads and 254,774 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• Can the Vienna key be the same key as a Logic XSkey? Or do I now need two dongles hanging on my system? If it can be the same key, is there a way to move the vienna key to a diffedrent key should I decide to sell Logic.

• dbuddle - if Logic uses the same Synchrosoft driver as Cubase then the answer would be yes - however not being a logic user I can't comment for sure.

The Synchrosoft driver is pretty good and you can move licences between keys quite happily - which is what I have currently done for things like Cubase and Hypersonic - they were on two keys now just the one.

Best

• A dongle key is the only way the Vienna Product can't be pirated.
    The less they are pirated, the more we benefit of their updates and prices, even if they're high.
    I hope it will still be available via the Logic dongle

• Christian -

On my HOST PC, I have one USB taken up by my midex8 and the other by the dongle for SX. Don't have an open USB port for the new VI dongle. Is this a problem?

Rob

• Rob - I can't be sure for definite (having not seen the product) but I would say a definite yes if it works as per the current synchrosoft key.

Also the synchrosoft driver can get a little picky with USB hubs and Steinberg advise not running it on a USB hub.

• last edited
    last edited

@Rob Elliott said:

Christian -

On my HOST PC, I have one USB taken up by my midex8 and the other by the dongle for SX. Don't have an open USB port for the new VI dongle. Is this a problem?

Rob

You should be able to run it from the same dongle as Cubase as they are both Syncrosoft.

DG

• Very cool. Thanks guys.

• last edited
    last edited

@Rob Elliott said:

Christian -

Rob

You should be able to run it from the same dongle as Cubase as they are both Syncrosoft.

DG

Rob, if you launch the Syncrosoft license manager you can move your licenses around. Very cool feature.
    Chris