Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,559 users have contributed to 42,746 threads and 257,184 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 33 new user(s).

• The Promised Land Piano Quartet (2024 Version)

Short Version:

I'd like you to take a listen to The Promised Land Piano Quartet.

The Promised Land Piano Quartet (2024 version) | David Carovillano (bandcamp.com)

Long Version:

I've been working on creating updated performances of my earlier works (this one's from 2018). The Promised Land was originally written for Scores Alive, a composer concert series I created along with a few orchestral/chamber musicians. We got as far as rehearsing the piece, and in spite of the one wonky piano string (the rehearsals happened right after the piano had been moved to a new venue and before servicing) we actually were all pleased with how it was coming together. Then, our arts endowment funding request was only partially filled, leaving us to make the difficult decision to cancel the series, as we would not have been able to present all the composers' works we wanted to showcase. While a few of the musicians were willing to continue on without payment, I simply didn't want to put that burden on them.

Luckily for me, I'm all about the end result of the performance, whether real or virtual (wink, wink, nudge, nudge, to my fellow composers that disagree with my point of view on this) and with this 2024 version, I feel content to let The Promised Land rest after living with a less than ideal virtual performance from 2018. And yes, I do have video of the live rehearsals, but they're of course ruined by the one note on the piano that was almost comically invasive throughout the performance.

Cheers!

Dave