Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,466 users have contributed to 42,741 threads and 257,159 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 40 new user(s).

• Feature request: parallel use of CC- and velocity-controlled dynamics crossfade

last edited
    last edited

I wish it were possible not only to detach individual articulations from the global control of the dynamics, as is already possible in the options under ‘Edit’, but also to (locally) crossfade between the dynamic layers using velocity.

Up to now, it has been possible to prevent individual articulation from being controlled by the global dynamics control by making the appropriate setting in the options under ‘Edit’. This means that they are controlled by the velocity, but this happens without crossfading between the dynamic layers. This means that you will hear jumps in the dynamics. That's why I would like to have another option: dynamic crossfading despite the separation from global dynamics control.

Why all this? I like to control short articulations by velocity and not by CC, but I don't want to create two separate presets and thus need two MIDI channels, especially if an instrument contains only a few articulations compared to others. I would therefore be very pleased if it were possible to crossfade independently of the global dynamics control (via CC) with individual articulations, just by velocity.

• Hello LGeist110,

I'm afraid we will not include such an option. It's either crossfade with a MIDI CC or switching from one layer to the next one with Velocity Input.

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL