Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,466 users have contributed to 42,741 threads and 257,159 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 40 new user(s).

• Hi all,

If VI Pro is now free, does it still need an iLok licence?

I'm moving across from eLicenser, and I'd like to have both an eLicenser and an iLok version of VI Pro open at once, so that I can copy over volume graph patterns from old to new. I think this should be possible even if one set of samples are red, as the licence isn't loaded for those versions of the samples. But I wouldn't be able to open both versions of VI Pro itself if both require a licence, I think?

Many thanks

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59Mhz Processor, 64 GB RAM, Windows 10.0.19045, Cubase 10.5.20, Sibelius 7, VEP 5.4.16181, VIP 2.4.16399, Symphonic Cube, MIR Rooms 1-5, Suite, Choir, Organ, Imperial, Solo Voices, Dimension Strings, Historic Winds, World Winds
  • Hello Pyre,

There is no separate license for VI Pro available anymore, it simply works whenever you have a VI Collection available (just like it was with VI and eLicenser).

It is not possible to have both eLicenser and iLok versions open at the same time. What are volume graph patterns?

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul, thanks for your reply.

I have some matrices for VI Pro in which I've spent a long time creating custom volume graphs for each cell, and I'd very much like to be able to copy those volume graphs over to the iLok version.

I think volume graph is the right word, it's the button in the bottom right of the Advanced tab for VI Pro that lets you adjust the volume of a cell depending on which note you're playing within its register.

These are saved at the matrix level I think, so maybe the iLok version would be able to open matrices made with the eLicenser version? And apply that to the iLok samples rather than the eLicenser samples?

Many thanks.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59Mhz Processor, 64 GB RAM, Windows 10.0.19045, Cubase 10.5.20, Sibelius 7, VEP 5.4.16181, VIP 2.4.16399, Symphonic Cube, MIR Rooms 1-5, Suite, Choir, Organ, Imperial, Solo Voices, Dimension Strings, Historic Winds, World Winds