Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,486 users have contributed to 42,741 threads and 257,161 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 7 new post(s) and 35 new user(s).

• Incredible GUI lag working with Nuendo

Hello,

My VEP 7 has an incredible lag when working with Nuendo. It never stops and is almost dead. It is difficult to reach two or three frames per second. On VEP, the situation is even worse, with one frame every 5 seconds. Whether on the host or slave, this lag only occurs in the Nuendo and VEP interface. Other software on both computers run smoothly. No audio glitches.

System configuration:

Host: MacOS 14.6 m1pro 32GB, Nuendo 13 Apple Native, no ASIO-Guard, audio interface buffer setting is 2048.

Slave: Windows 10, AMD 5945wx, 512GB, GTX 1070, latest version of VEP.

Project configuration: 4 instances, a total of about 800 audio ports (input to Nuendo), about 800 MIDI output tracks, no instrument tracks, audio tracks or plug-ins inserted in Nuendo. VEP does not have any effects inserted. Both the master and slave CPU usage is less than 50%, the slave memory usage is 80%. Instruments mainly use Spitfire BBC Professional and a small amount of Orchestral Tools and Kontakt, about 30 synths (u-he, Synapse Audio).

Tried: Update/reinstall graphics driver;
    Disable and adjust ASIO-Guard settings:
    Adjust different buffer (none to 4 buffers)

My project template is already determined and needs such a number of tracks to run, so reducing audio input or changing instruments is not an option.

I am looking for a solution, it is completely unreasonable, I bought an expensive computer and the performance is not being used, which makes me completely unable to start working. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

• Same here. I've tried for years to make VE Pro work as advertised. At this point, even on a great machine, I can only run my strings instance, or the brass instance. There is no point in trying to do more or I can't work. I am aware plenty of composers use VE Pro without issue but I've never managed it. See my experience here: https://forum.vsl.co.at/topic/61768/ve-pro-7-is-always-sooooo-sloooooow-looking-for-suggestions/1

If I were VSL I would dedicate an entire section of the forum to VE Pro practical tips for optimization and downloadable example templates that are tested and actually work.

Mac Studio 2022 M1 Ultra 128 GB Nuendo 13 VE Pro 7.3.3610
  • Hi there,

My guess it that Nuendo is overwhelmed with the virtual automation channels it has to create for so many audio ports.
    I know you need so many, but what happens if you reduce that number or try with a different host?

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL