Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,482 users have contributed to 42,741 threads and 257,160 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 44 new user(s).

• Sound Slot entries vs Articulations entries (how to use all of the Synchron Dim slots)

Aloha,

I'm struggling with implementing the provided Cubase Expression Maps for Synchronized Special Edition. I am new to Expression Maps. The Cubase manual has not helped me.

How can I use all of the VSL Synchron articulations of a factory preset?
    The Articulations part of the Expression Map does not contain all of the Factory articulations.

As an example:

For the Factory Preset of Synchronized Special Edition, Vol 1 Orchestral Strings, 01 1st Violins 14 PLUS

there are 42 Synchron Player slots each with a dedicated articulation (example: 'Short Notes' -> 'Staccato')

In the Expression Map

01-03 VSL SY SE1 PLUS - Orchestral Violins + Violas.expressionmap

there are

48 Sound Slots with assigned Synchron articulations
    and only

20 Articulations in the Articulation list (Orange rectangles on my screenshot)

Those 20 articulations show up as choices in the Key Editor articulation lane (Orange rectangles on my screenshot)

When I assign 'Repetition' to a note or group of notes---the expression map sees 4 different options for Repetition

(Red rectangles on my screenshot)

It is choosing "Spiccato Repitition" for the Synchron Player but I don't necessarily want that---might want Legato Rep.

2 basic questions:

1) How do I actually use all of the Synchron Player dimension slots (Sound Slots)---since they do not match 1:1 what is listed in that Articulation column???

There are 22 Synchron Player articulations that are not assigned in the Art. Column of the map.

2) When there are different versions of an articulation (4 different kinds of repetition) how to I get the Expression Map to assign the articulation I actually want?

Thank you!

• Hello charlesparente!

The articulations in the SYNCHRON-ized Special Edition expression maps are organized in two groups. The articulations from group 1 and 2 can be combined. You can see a brighter line in the articulations lane. Articulations from above the line belong to group 1, articulations below the line belong to group 2. This way you can trigger all the articulations that are included in the library.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Mahalo, Andi, for the reply.

I will experiment to determine which combinations of Group 1 articulations plus Group 2 articulations
    will trigger each Synchron Dimension slot.

There is not a 1:1 match between the Synchron Dimension Slot names and the Sound Slot column names and 'Art.' column names but hopefully i can figure it out.

Thank you!