Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,682 users have contributed to 42,622 threads and 256,578 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 26 new post(s) and 43 new user(s).

• [SOLVED] Shreaking Synchron Solo Violin

last edited
    last edited

At at the start of the sample of the Synchron Solo Violin, there is a very loud 'shreaking' noise'.

thomamd

• @thomamd said:

At at the start of the sample of the Synchron Solo Violin, there is a very loud 'shreaking' noise'.

thomamd

It manifests itself in the Windows 11 and Dorico 5.1 versions.

• Hello thomamd!

Synchron Solo Violin contains 178.000 samples. So without more details it's impossible to find the "shrieking noise" you are writing about. Which patch, pitch, velocity, microphone do you mean? Does the noise only come with Dorico, or does it also come when you trigger the sample with a keyboard?

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

Andi,

I have been struggling with this problem. And now it this been inadvertently solved. Many thanks for the efforts of the Vienna team, the Dorico team and there efforts between.

thomamd

• Can you tell us what the issue was?

• Mavros,

I assumed the shreading I hear is the sampler hitting the copy position marker. This only occurs when the (Cello) is playing back a Synchron file. For me, it was just a matter of playing standard VI file. Those without may the loud error.

Please forgive the bad English.