Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,567 users have contributed to 42,747 threads and 257,188 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 33 new user(s).

• Synchron World Percussion

I am a long time avid VSL user and appreciate the orchestral richness found in their products. I am also a long student of percussion and subscribe to several percussion libraries. Up until just recently I have been predominantly using Toontrack Superior Drummer 3 (SD3). I enjoy their quality percussion sounds and multiple ways of easily manipulating those sounds.

I recently began using VSL Synchron World Percussion. I downloaded the program and the supporting video how to access all available loops

I have the product operational. However, I am not sure if I have everything optimized properly. For example the instruments do not have a high quality sound to them. They don't sound terrible, just lackluster. The SD3 sounds have a higher quality sound to them. Plus, I am having difficulty accessing EQ for the sounds. Knowing VSL I would imagine that higher quality is possible.

Any suggestions on improving the sound of Synchron World Percussion? Thanks!

• Hello pacificm!

Most drum set libraries are heavily processed to give you a big sound. We stay true to our principles. So Synchron World Percussion delivers the original sound of the instruments recorded with love to detail and the highest possible quality. We didn't blow the sound up with boosted basses or high compression.

Did you try different mixer presets yet? This would be the easiest way to find the best sounding result for your needs. EQs are available on the Mix tab.
    https://www.vsl.info/en/manuals/synchron-player/mix-tab

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library