Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,761 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,921 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• Two Computer Set up

I just recieved the VSL Pro edition. Epic Horns, and Glass and Stone. My 2 custom built computers should arrive today!!. I 'm now broke but stoked! I intend on running VSL and Horizon only on the two new comps in Giga 3.1x. I have an older 2.54 Giga computer that will run everything but VSL and Horizon stuff. My Sequencer is Pro Tools or Digital Performer on a dual 2.5 mac. NOW FOR THE QUESTIONS!

1. Registering the Performance Tool on both of the new comps. What when and how?

2. Spread the Library out over the 2 comps Like ,say, Strings&Percussion on one comp, and Horns&Woodwinds on the other? Or Load the whole VSL Pro set on both computers, in case one goes down or I need to do a massive string section requiring both computers? ( although each comp is supposed to give me 500+ pylophony!)

3. Load the Cube on one Computer and Load the Performance Set on the other? In this case where to put the Horizon Stuff?

Any organizational tips welcome. Thanks